Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Practically) infinite genetics stability
So, I was messing about in genetics and I noticed something odd. I've only tested this with all of the radiation emitter upgrades, but I assume it will work for just the basic one. If you have positive genes in your body, I.E. say Fire Resistance which is -10 stability and you make an activator for it inside the scanner, then eject them from the scanner, then put them back in they take no stability loss. This also means if you scramble their DNA, it goes up to 110. As of testing, I've managed to get it up to 430 stability.

Slightly related, material storage has no cap for reclaimed materials. This means that I've gotten to 600 stored materials, although that seems less severe than the stability one.
I'll put a fix through for the first.
The second with materials is intentional.
Fix live. Please confirm/report.
The stability part has been fixed, but now it seems to make the active genes permanent after scrambling. Also, activated genes also do not take any stability away now.
Scratch that, it seems that it's only the chameleon wavy effect that stays after scrambling genes.
May as well stick it on here as well - If you reclaim a gene when you have already exceeded the max by recycling filled DNA activators, it will lose all stored materials and revert back to some stated maximum amount.
And yet another bug (Sorry ISaidNo, I just keep finding things :c) : If you activate a bad mutation, then store it, then inject them with it, then store it again, it does not detract the additional stability gained. Using this you could give yourself all the mutations with no stability drop.
Another one - If you use Synchronized Self Biomass Manipulation while in an ice cube, you just die. Not sure if this is a bug or not though.