Waffels5000 Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Kenneth Crimer
BYOND Username: Waffels5000
Recommended by (if applicable): Nobody frown
Times Available: 4:00-11:00 PM Central

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I have been playing on Goonstation since Donut Station when there was a separate science station that would constantly be blown up. After playing for a while, I developed a sort of persona, and this persona was the baddest crimer around. I was very curious, and stupid at the same time, you could always find me making lube grenades and throwing them in the hallways. After taking a fairly large break from Space Station Thirteen, around a year or two, I have decided to come back. I believe I should be chosen for mentor due to my extensive knowledge concerning subjects new players commonly have issues understanding. I have a superb understanding of science, I know all of the (Basic) chemistry recipes, and how the chemicals can be used in players and what effects they will have. Another major area I have lots of knowledge in is crime. (Hence the name) From arming nuclear devices, to hacking doors open, building pipe bombs and zip guns, I can do it all. I feel as if this is important to have a deep understanding of due to the violent nature of Goonstation players. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about jobs, recipes, and any general game mechanics. I feel as if I have matured enough as a player that I am ready to help other players that are where I used to be, so we can have a better server with players who have a competent understanding of the base game mechanics. Concluding my paragraph, I believe that I should be given the blessed purple text due to my; maturity as a player, deep understanding of game mechanics, a plethora of experience playing SS13, and enthusiastic attitude towards helping fellow players. Thank you for taking time to read this.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I know I have been banned multiple times, I have forgotten a few over the years, one of the main ones I can think of was back on Donut station I was permanently banned for throwing fire bombs everywhere. (If I am correct.) I know there have been two or three more that I can not remember, one might have been a shitty gimmick I started in which I attempted human trafficking. I apologize for not being able to provide an accurate record of my previous bans, sorry.
Thoughts.

You make a nice template.

I have not hear/seen/saw you or anything you've done (probably because I joined around when you stopped playing and haven't been playing recently).

Human trafficking? What?

All in all I am going to say no due to the fact I don't know how you play (sorry).
Kenneth Crimer is a great and helpful long-time player. A yes from me.
Kenneth was p. good when he was around.
I haven't seen you play, and you say in the application that you're just coming back. I feel like you should probably get some recent experience?
Crimer is the good kind of crime, I'd say yes, but do make sure to update on all the stuff that has been changed on reworked, so yup. Helpful player in my opinion.
I would like to add that I'd like to see you get a little bit more experience with the new systems since your return, but other than that, 100% yes.
Totally good dude/crimelord, I'm sure he'd be a great mentor
i honestly don't remember you much often as i would other people, even when you took your hiatus and came back and so far i don't really have much more to add that your detective game is alright but could be better. all in all, i'd say stick around a llittle while longer to get noticed.
babayetu83 Wrote:i honestly don't remember you much often as i would other people, even when you took your hiatus and came back and so far i don't really have much more to add that your detective game is alright but could be better. all in all, i'd say stick around a llittle while longer to get noticed.
I gotta agree with babayetu here. I've only started seeing you play this game about a week ago and you seemed a bit inexperienced for a mentor role. I'm gonna say no on this one until you get familiar with the game again.
I don't know if you were traitor or not, but you were harassing security (well, me) just like an hour ago, stuff like knocking me over and stealing my baton. This ended up in some people yelling at you over the radio for being shitty to security. I guess your hiatus sorta explains this behavior since this used to happen all the time but I never see it anymore and I was surprised when you did it to me.
I don't like him.
Skunkrocker Wrote:I don't like him.
You might want to put, you know, WHY you don't like him?
Just saying.
I'd like to change my response.

No.

You definitely need to relearn some things before applying for mentor. Too much has changed since then, and I think you should apply again later.
Obviously I can't comment on what things were like, not having been there, but from what I have heard from others, here has been a lot changed in recent months. Hell especially in places like mining, genetics, and science. In terms of what I have seen of you ingame, I'm afraid I can't really say I've seen you stand out by helping out others or by being varied jobs and messing with them. My gut feeling would be a no.