Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARK: Spacemen vs Nature
ARK: Survival Evolved is like Rust mixed with Far Cry and CARNIVORES. You start naked in a massive world and work from stone tools in a thatch hut to modern firearms in a metal base. You can tame dinos and other prehistoric animals, ride them, hunt with them, collect them, level them up, build their stats, etc. You level up to 70 yourself, using engram points given each level to learn how to build things. This is very much a team game where community rules.

I'd like to invite some of you to join me and TheHman03. We're now at the mid-game where we invest in metal working and firearms. We must at this time go on cave raids, which with just 2 people is difficult. While doing this we must hunt for food for us and the dinos, expand our walls, and defend our home. I must also work on expanding our trade ties with other tribes, having secured a good one already. This is all difficult with two people.

We are on PvE Official Server 34. If you own the game and would like to join or are brand new to it, we'd be happy to have you. If you don't own ARK and have a decent computer I'd suggest looking into it. I glanced at this game thinking it was going to be another crummy game like RUST or those abandoned dino early access games on Steam. When you play this though you get invested in it, the world is massive and large with plenty of things to do (maybe too much in fact), with constant updates by the devs. Usually the game gets patched every day. 2 major patches dropped in the last 2 weeks actually.

So if you're interested just post here or message me in IRC/steam and I'll send you our coordinates.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wiimotevictim

[Image: g5vKyOi.jpg]
[Image: TF1CB04.jpg]
Game's good, devs are good, but you have to commit to getting into the server, there's no queue, gotta deal with it.
I'm interested, but I'm kinda wary of early access games. Are there any major glitches? Hackers in servers? Is it much of a grind? Are there people who will just come and destroy all your stuff? This kinda things are what I'm worried about.
Major issues are rubberbanding mobs due to a memory leak the devs are focusing on, and poor FPS (I get a steady 35 outdoors on a mid build PC, 50 in caves). Last week I was getting 15 FPS so the devs are doing good. This is the first month too.

Hacks besides aimbots and ESP's to find resources are impossible as every action and variable are server sided. Nothing is client sided besides movement inputs. This is on the OFFICIAL servers. Unofficial servers can have hacks.

People will destroy your shit if it's on a PvP server. The housing structures right now are thatch, wood, and metal. Any caveman can break thatch housing, wood requires level 25 tools, and metal requires grenades to destroy. If you play on PvE no one can destroy your stuff but your tribe members.

Certain level areas are a grind. Metalworking, the "engram era" our tribe is in right now is the most grindy one. I'm powering through it as fast as I can alone.
Ali0en Wrote:We are on PvE Official Server 34
Gross
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:
Gross
If you want your progress to be erased every time you go to sleep by kids with duped C4, be my guest.
I'm tired of these kinds of games really
despite the fact that this game runs like a sack of potatoes on my computer, I was actually having a bit of fun with it until 2 guys with tamed raptors just came up and killed me and my friends for no real reason.

The I remembered why I don't like playing public server only survival games.
Readster Wrote:despite the fact that this game runs like a sack of potatoes on my computer, I was actually having a bit of fun with it until 2 guys with tamed raptors just came up and killed me and my friends for no real reason.

The I remembered why I don't like playing public server only survival games.
there are lots of private servers with whitelists though, and there's PvE.

Speaking of which hman has been away so I took the liberty of demolishing our base and making a new one on the cliff above. Much bigger and is like a ranch now. No more worry about spinosaurus attacking our walls.

While I was dragging hman up the hill to the new base someone on a griffin thought I was kidnapping him. I had to fight over his body.
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:
Gross

this was almost exactly how I reacted

Ali0en Wrote:if you want your progress to be erased every time you go to sleep by kids with duped C4, be my guest.

this is not true you keep your level and stuff after you die
You keep your level when you doe, that's it. You lose everything in pvp because people destroy your stuff. Then you grind for another day.
All official PvP servers were wiped to resolve the dupe bug.

Someone found a way to crash a server with a client hack. The guy showed it to the devs, they confirmed it, and sent the guy $100. They will continue to give $100 to people who show them a hack that's not an ESP/Aimbot/Wallhack.

Ballsy.
Considering they've supposedly sold 1 million copies in less than a month I imagine $100 is like a nickel to Bill Gates. Also PVE is fine unless someone decides to log on and surround you in thatch walls which you can't destroy while you're sleeping.
aika Wrote:Considering they've supposedly sold 1 million copies in less than a month I imagine $100 is like a nickel to Bill Gates. Also PVE is fine unless someone decides to log on and surround you in thatch walls which you can't destroy while you're sleeping.
Since Gates has more wealth wouldn't it be more like a 100 grand to Bill Gates? Also I'll join in and play carebears who are too afraid to fight other people on dinosaurs on Friday.
It's basically in the same vein as that Family Guy pun where Peter asks if anybody has a quarter and Bill responds with 'what's a quarter?'.