Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ION
Hi there.

Taken from the Youtube description of the trailer shown at the Microsoft Conference at E3:
Dean 'Rocket' Hall, but not really Wrote:From the creator of “DayZ” and inspired by the cult favourite “Space Station 13”; “ION” is an emergent narrative massively-multiplayer online game in which players will build, live in and inevitably die in huge floating galactic constructions as humanity makes its first steps colonizing the universe. Technology from Improbable allows ION to have a massive interconnected universe with fully simulated environments such as power grids, air pressure and heat; all to help stave off the unending vacuum of space. First on PC and Xbox One Game Preview Program.

Some choice pictures:

A Space Shuttle with 'Exodus' printed on the side. Exodus is the name of the station run on Bay.
[Image: 79d595e224.jpg]

A wrench with the Nanotrasen logo printed on IT'S side. Warning: P. fucking big picture.
[Image: qCovVle.png]

What do you guys think?
Oh, uh, yeah. Links.

Link to the RockPaperShotgun article:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06 ... ndbox-mmo/

And a link to the official website, with just the trailer:
http://ionthegame.com/
This may be as close as we're gonna get to a ss13 remake and also means we may have a big migration of new players who will come wanting to know what Ion is inspired by.
Megapaco Wrote:This may be as close as we're gonna get to a ss13 remake and also means we may have a big migration of new players who will come wanting to know what Ion is inspired by.

this is the opposite of a bad thing! Fresh meat and possibly another fun game to play together.
I need this game
Holy shit this makes me really happy. Also, while I haven't personally played DayZ, almost everyone I've talked with about it says that it kicks ass, so this will probably kick ass too.
Oh, that's neat. When I was watching the livestream and saw the nanotrasen logo, I started thinking SS13 really was coming to Xbox. Either way I was gonna try it.
I'm taking a very 'wait and see' outlook to all this. It'll be different, more MMOish so less chance of adding in/modding the crazy we know and love. Also the creator is that guy that dropped the DayZ standalone, leaving it in development hell. I'm glad that someone is doing it but... wait and see.
It's nice to see Space Station 13 mentioned. Hopefully pulls in a few more players.

All there seems to be is that ION teaser trailer though, I'm not expecting anything like a Space Station 13 remake at this point. I'm not convinced. But we'll see.
Until it sets a tone, I remain skeptical.

If it focuses on multiplayer black comedy, great.
I would love to see this bringing in new players yes but I hope it doesn't bring in the Xbox kiddies.
Trailer told me nothing about the game other than it's in space.
I love that freeze dried packaged human though
He honked in front of the crowd. The twitch chat adapted to it. The flood of honks. Oh my. Game over guys. We can't honk anymore.

Seriously though, I don't expect much. DayZ? Doesn't that make him a modder? A modder is not a game developer. I would appreciate more people, for it could certainly help the 'now defunct' SS13. I didn't really stick around back in the day, but I was here long enough to remember a lot more players. I doubt tons would flow into gibbed, as most of them will want to keep their racism, memes and general creepiness, but we'd still get a lot of good ones once the poor admins got done.
Vitatroll Wrote:He honked in front of the crowd.

I need to see this.