Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys Play in The Native Resolution
Dudes this is game was designed to be viewed in 32x32, and it looks so much better in 32x32. Honestly just try it out. Change it to 32x32 and play for a couple of weeks then switch back to STF mode and you'll see just how bad it looks.

It also makes each tile smaller so you can move your mouse over quicker and act robust and shit.

or play in 64x64 because only pros play with only 1/3 of the screen
I support this. BYOND doesn't handle stretching well at all.

And before anyone dumb comments without actually trying it, the 32x32 option doesn't actually mean a 32x32 screen resolution.
http://i.imgur.com/T9ATSGK.png
[Image: T9ATSGK.png]
Make your chat window bigger.
Fuck, I just set it to 32x32 and it gave me instant eyestrain, no thanks. I'm not going to damage my eyes beyond their already horrid state so I can pretend it gives me a .02 second advantage on picking up an extinguisher or whatever.
It does make you more robust, but I like having a slightly larger screen for noticing some details. (ie. what the fuck people hold in their hands without examining and so on.)
Conor12 Wrote:It does make you more robust, but I like having a slightly larger screen for noticing some details. (ie. what the fuck people hold in their hands without examining and so on.)
This, but I might give it a shot next time I have to robust someone
No. I can't see shit in that resolution
Why not just set it to stretch?
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not just set it to stretch?
Because that makes the pixels not pixel-sized, so it's all blurry and laggy.
Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if BYOND somehow used a ton more system resources if you played in Stetch-To-Fit mode.
h3half Wrote:Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if BYOND somehow used a ton more system resources if you played in Stetch-To-Fit mode.

Just checked out of curiosity, BYOND doesn't change by more than like ~20 K under Processes, and if that's enough to alter your computer's performance I don't know what to tell you. Likewise, I've been toggling back and forth between Stretch and 32x32 and I haven't noticed any significant change in lag that couldn't be attributed to stuff just happening to change the amount of lag (that and BYOND being BYOND at any given moment).

I actually play in stretch mode with a big chat pane because my eyes are so terrible, it doesn't actually make it look much worse and it's really easy to tell what someone is carrying without having to examine them.
I easily see everything people are holding, hell I can even see ID's on peoples bodies at the native 32x32 resolution.

Ugh I can't even believe people are complaining about 32x32 looks. Like I said just leave it for a couple days and just try to go back to stretch to fit. STF is so fucking ugly it's not even funny
and I was joking about the robust thing, I could care less. This game actually has pretty good sprite work and stf ruins the shit out of it
STF is ugly, but meh. I've grown so accustomed to having the whole box filled with stuff that when I put it in 32x32 mode the big black box around the viewscreen really gets to me.