Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineering headsets to engineer lockers
I have noted that due to the properties of the singularity, namely the ability to fry electronics, many engineers lose their headsets when then need to run into the engine room for any reason. I believe that adding engineering headsets to the engineer lockers would be a fairly simple solution to offset this occasional problem.
It is just an EMP. Open up your headset menu and toggle the settings around to where you want them and it will work again.
Yeah, just turn the headset speaker back on.
Well I feel dumb for never checking that.
This would still be good for new engineers, engineers with lost headsets, and people trying to assassinate the chief engineer.
Since miners and electricians use engineer headsets too having a few spare pairs of headsets would be nice for people promoted by the HoP. The same could be said for the other departments too.
Maybe give the captain a box with a random assortment of headsets, like he does of PDAs now?

And while we're at it, can we lump the medical and research headsets together? It'd be nice to bug scientists on a private channel for more tricord as a medical doctor than hope they're paying attention to the general radio chatter.
david2222121 Wrote:Maybe give the captain a box with a random assortment of headsets, like he does of PDAs now?

And while we're at it, can we lump the medical and research headsets together? It'd be nice to bug scientists on a private channel for more tricord as a medical doctor than hope they're paying attention to the general radio chatter.

I'd mostly use a combined research+medical headset the other way.

Don Boyland [135.7] asks, "HEY MEDBAY. What kinds of crazy kelotane do you want today?"
Don Boyland [135.7] asks, "Medbay? Is everyone there dead?"

Don Boyland [145.9] says, "I guess all the doctors committed suicide again this round."