Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splashing chemicals on a handheld artifact deletes it
As above. I was testing a handheld artifact earlier today and splashed it with a mixture of water, hydrogen, plasma, sulphuric acid and some other thing I don't recall with both the beaker and object in my hands. The object vanished from my hand with no message or any other visible effect.

Seems like a bug.
Possibly related: I recall that I once put a hand artifact into the X-ray Scanner, and when I went to remove it my finger slipped off my mouse halfway through and I ended up click-dragging the scanner onto itself. The scanner emptied but the artifact itself completely vanished, I right-clicked on the scanner and it wasn't underneath it (or at least, it wasn't accessible). I also tried hovering my cursor over my hand, and it wasn't invisible but still in my hand like fried foods sometimes are.
acid
kringlekrotte Wrote:acid

It was just sulphuric, not polytrinic. Sulphuric can't really do anything, from my recollection, not to mention he would've gotten a message telling him it melted if that was the problem.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:
kringlekrotte Wrote:acid

It was just sulphuric, not polytrinic. Sulphuric can't really do anything, from my recollection, not to mention he would've gotten a message telling him it melted if that was the problem.

I've melted quite a few handheld artifacts by throwing sulphuric acid on them without thinking about it.
Martians/wizards/robots/eldritch abominations must not be very skilled at acidproofing their objects.
I assumed that since the big artifacts can be activated by acids, the little ones might react to it too. Just some kind of "The horrid relic melts in your hands!" message would help clear that misconception up.