Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting Dock
Zadeon Wrote:
maxiumattack Wrote:If a handscan system is used for voting please let severed arms count as voters.
Cut off the arms of your old corpse after being cloned for more votes!

Even better: turn a bunch of monkeys human, then turn them into you with stable mutagen, THEN cuff of their arms for even more votes!
Then kill democracy
Seems best, in my opnion, to keep the goals modest and straight forward while implementing. A simple fingerprint based ID check that registers one vote. The heads or the ai set the vote call. Perhaps have a few votes with an autotrigger such as a vote shuttle call. Or even register a person's vote to a person's pda. A particularly nefarious person might first gauge opposition to an idea, PDA bomb the people that pose, then call a vote. All keeping the nefarious stuff on the players end. Less to code, easier to implement, more likely to get done/

It might also be viable to allow enough players calling for a vote to initiate that vote. This would actually help get the shuttle called when all heads and the AI are dead.
This is a good thing and should be a thing.
Looking into the feedback one problem with the system someone stated was that the HoP could corrupt the voting with his extra ID's.

I don't want to see hand-scanning system, because there's no room for corruption unless you find a mangled arm around

And for those saying that the system should perhaps be code locked behind your bank pin, that kinda ruins the fast voting aspect and I would feel like that lessens the appeal of it.

The easiest solution in all of this would be just to make it that blank ID's, even if newly registered by the hop to an existing crewmate, not work for voting.
And then put a second option of logging if you are missing your original ID with a pin.
This way people with ID's can vote, and vote fast, and use other peoples ID's to sway votes.
And people without ID's for whatever reason (stowaway, stolen, w/e) can still vote through entering in a pin, that is whoever has their ID hasn't used it to vote for them. Heh.
I agree that having to enter a pin is too limiting. I think I meant to say '(pin not required)', or I might just be dumb. Bank accounts and biometrics were just a way to make it one person, one vote. That doesn't necessarily mean the account holder would be the one voting.

I like the idea of it only working with our 'original' IDs better than bank accounts, as this means the people with ID Comp access can't just make a bunch of IDs tied to bank accounts. I just don't know how the objects are coded. My feelings on this kind of thing is "Whatever is easiest to code".

Overall I like your original line of thought the best, but with the added one vote per person rule. That is: IDs only, slap and go, and it doesn't matter who does the slapping. Beyond that, I'd actually like to see vote changing. This could add a path to both redemption and retribution, as well up the possible chaos in general. This might be a little melodramatic or me as most of these votes will probably be for things like the shuttle, or whether or not we use the station's budget to buy costumes for everyone, but 2d spacemen can get heavily invested in the darndest of things.
Ughhh my phone is all kinds of typos. I stand by the original pda idea because it adds a strategic element to pda bombs, is bound to the user but allows people to steal the vote, and on another level it provides a viable reason for a suspected traitor to ask for his pda back when he isn't proven to be a traitor. Plus it is a thing that already has program functionality.
imo keep it linked to IDs, the HoP corrupting the vote will be learned about by the crew and, in time, it will be commonplace to secure the HoP under guard every time a vote happens.

All things work out eventually. wink
But if the crew secures the HoP it takes the most well armed security the station has out of play.
could always just lock him in a locker
vampirate Wrote:Ughhh my phone is all kinds of typos. I stand by the original pda idea because it adds a strategic element to pda bombs, is bound to the user but allows people to steal the vote, and on another level it provides a viable reason for a suspected traitor to ask for his pda back when he isn't proven to be a traitor. Plus it is a thing that already has program functionality.
It's the most convenient for the crew, but voting booths aren't without merit. When you know there's an election going on as the traitor, you have a pretty good idea where crew members are going to be heading and can booby trap those areas or use the time to be sneaky and break into the armory while Sec is voting or whatever.