Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instruments and other less-than-useful stuff
Post stuff that would be nice to have around the station, but aren't terribly useful/bad, such as instruments.

Personally, I think the bar should have a piano in it.
Yeah, making your own little tunes is super fun
Bone rattling
I think the bar should be separated into 2 areas(right next to each other, or in two distinct areas, either way). One would be a "Sports Bar" style thing, with a pool table, dart board, a couple arcade machines, etc.. the other would be more of a smoking lounge, with a piano, cigarette vendor, and a monkey NPC in a tux that can be disarmed for his top hat and monocle.

The VR pods(do we still have a room with a bunch of VR pods?) should have cool neon lights that change color every few seconds, just to give it that Tron sort of feel.

The owlry should have little birdies that flit around randomly and chirp. If you manage to get one of the cats into the owlry, they automatically chase the birds around. If you get the dog who's name I forget in there, he begins marking the trees.

Now that I think about it. If you go with the smoking lounge idea, add in a xylophone, drum set, and bass, so you can have some truly classy jazz playing while you relax.
neogeo0823 Wrote:smoking lounge, with some stuff

I'm assuming that's what Cogwerk's new jazz lounge will be like. Also I've always loved the idea of playing the piano and harmonica together to make Piano Man.
lock gnome chompski behind a set of tedious carnival games. make it feel like a real accomplishment to get him onto the shuttle.
a violin somewhere that the detective steals every round to become sherlock holmes
Duct Tape.
Readster Wrote:Duct Tape.

I would rather have ducks that tape things
Duck tape ducks?
I'd be all about a piano. I play IRL. I don't know how feasible it would be to actually make your own music (which would be awesome and I'd love to do) but I definitely can recommend a few easily recognizable piano tunes if you're just throwing in some short midi's. Maybe rag-time themes if it is going in the bar
I like the idea of an assistant in a top hat and tuxedo playing the piano as a brawl erupts in the bar over the cakehat. It sounds very classy.
Willfrey Wrote:I'd be all about a piano. I play IRL. I don't know how feasible it would be to actually make your own music (which would be awesome and I'd love to do) but I definitely can recommend a few easily recognizable piano tunes if you're just throwing in some short midi's. Maybe rag-time themes if it is going in the bar

Its 100% feasible. The tg station has it, which is why it will probably never be put into goon station unfortunately
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I like the idea of an assistant in a top hat and tuxedo playing the piano as a brawl erupts in the bar over the cakehat. It sounds very classy.
This
Y'know what, i play keys and synth irl, i should be able to come up with a piano that isn't too obtrusive and is also more user-friendly than the TG piano. I'll work on that as a side project.