Mentor Application - Stryxic AKA Erasmus Klein
Usual Character Name: Erasmus Klein
BYOND Username: Stryxic
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Times Available: Typically 1300:2300 GMT

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): So, why would a complete newbie like me want to apply for a position of Mentor? I haven't been playing for a long time, but in that short time I have played mostly every day and endeavoured to learn as much a I can. Let me be honest with you all. I'm a complete nerd. I love every part of SS13 Goonstation Lore, I love the complexity of chemistry, the ways in which to make armour which will make you an unkillable dick who (mostly) shrugs off lasers (assuming of course you've made armour with decently high reflectivity and you carry around a burn first aid kit) but this is really not helping the app.

To be serious, I am a support character. In a Dota I play AA or Treant, or KOTL, or some such other supports. In LoL I exclusively play Thresh in support of Draven. I like to help others, and that's what drives me in games. Recently as an AI, I had the pleasure of a player asking how to mine, and what really annoyed me was that my obligations as an AI to help everyone overruled my want to help the guy. I think his name was Cave Johnson. Being a Mentor would really satisfy me in the way of helping players in their everyday concerns, especially given the new IRC interaction. I cannot promise I'd be 100% there all the time helping everyone, but I'd be damned if I did not give the best of my knowledge to players who needed it, and if not I would be sure to remember the mistakes I made along the way so that I wouldn't make them again. This isn't 300 words though, it's only 288 words. So as a closing statement, why do I think you should pick me over all the others?

I don't quite frankly. I haven't been playing as long as a load of people, and I don't have the experience they have. All I have is an obsession with learning, and a love of everything new. When I found out about telescience, I learned everything I could in a couple of days. I got an interest in chemistry, and also tried to find out whatever I could. Mining, Doctoring, Patahology, Signals, I wanted to learn all I could. Hell, I even wrote a guide for creating diseases on the Wiki because a player on IRC thought the page was unclear. If you want to support me because this prose has convinced you, or because you trust me ingame, go ahead. Otherwise refuse, and let the powers that be decide whether I'm worthy or not, because I could only be a good mentor if you, the community, decide so.

In terms of game experience, while not as long as most hopeful mentors, has been filled with trying things out. I've experimented with pipe networks, material sciences, chemistry (pyrotechnic, medicinal, and poisons), doctoring, surgery, robotics, DWAINE and ThinkDOS, Signals, Genetics, some bits of MechComp, and all that usual stuff most people do. I will admit that I don't have a load of knowledge when it comes to security, having not played as it a lot, but I would hope that other mentors would be able to seal up any gaps in knowledge I may have.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): To the best of my knowledge, I have received no bans, nor job bans, I have received one timeout box followed by a gamekick when I murdered a fellow Nuke Op during my first round as one, and I have been warned for Radbowing a clown once.
I've had plenty of positive experiences with Erasmus in the past month or so - he definitely knows his stuff too.

Could brush up on how closely he reads the mentor app regulations though.

Wonkmin Wrote:Please do not post on people's apps if you currently have one of your own open. This is not the place for "I vote for you if you vote for me" stuff. I will be discarding the opinions of those that do this.
Zafhset Wrote:I've had plenty of positive experiences with Erasmus in the past month or so - he definitely knows his stuff too.

Could brush up on how closely he reads the mentor app regulations though.

Wonkmin Wrote:Please do not post on people's apps if you currently have one of your own open. This is not the place for "I vote for you if you vote for me" stuff. I will be discarding the opinions of those that do this.

Ah yeah, I posted that before making the app - From what I thing I saw on a post on another app, I thought it was okay.
Despite your little fumble there, I think you're mentor material. Yes from me.
Nice guy, never had a bad experience with him, plenty of good ones.

Yes if I count.
Congrats!