Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroponics Trays and Scooting
As the title says, allow people to scoot over hydroponics trays. It's silly to have what would be a waist high object completely block you off if you make a wrong move.
I understand your point, but wouldn't you wreck all your crops if you did that?
you should be able to pass over them by using walk, like for floors

if you try to run over a plant you step on it and crush it

if you try to run over a tree or a lasher you should smack into it and fall over
Dauntasa Wrote:you should be able to pass over them by using walk, like for floors

if you try to run over a plant you step on it and crush it

if you try to run over a tree or a lasher you should smack into it and fall over

This is a fun way of handling it, and I'd rather ruin a plant than gt pinned to the wall by a tray.
That would also make it absurdly easy for people to come in and wreck your crops, though.
Paineframe Wrote:That would also make it absurdly easy for people to come in and wreck your crops, though.
if people REALLY want to wreck crops now they can already clear out the trays
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:That would also make it absurdly easy for people to come in and wreck your crops, though.
if people REALLY want to wreck crops now they can already clear out the trays
Ya but that requires clicking a certain spot and then standing still to use a menu.

That might not seem like much, but that gives the botanist plenty of time to start kicking the shit out of you. Which is a good thing.
Also it means that the botanists will constantly have to tiptoe around botany or risk losing one of their/their colleagues' prize plants in a moment of lag. Considering how botany is empty almost every round and half the botanists suicide on roundstart while the rest bugger off to the bar, I'm not really in favor of anything that makes their job arbitrarily harder.
DyssalC Wrote:Ya but that requires clicking a certain spot and then standing still to use a menu.
last I checked you can just click drag a tray onto yourself and it immediately kills whatever is in it

admittedly the last time I checked was over a year ago because I never play botanist
Can't you just pull the trays, and click the floor nearby to move them there? Getting trapped shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe making them scootable (like crates)? I'm honestly fine with them being barricades. Makes for neat defenses and traps.