Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Cores in Pods
If an AI core somehow manages to board a pod, the game does not allow the AI to pilot it; their movement keys do nothing. I feel like this should be fixed because putting the AI core in a pod is hilarious and it sucks that this doesn't happen.

To replicate:
1. Take the AI core into space next to a pod
2. Have AI go Local->board
3. Have the AI try to move around.
4. The pod goes nowhere.
I can confirm that this is a thing, and a fairly disappointing thing at that. Doesn't make sense that you can board the things and not pilot them.
Are you boarding it with right click, or click-drag? If you're click-dragging, it's probably thinking the AI Core is a cargo object.
I seem to recall AI cores could pilot a pod, but I can't be 100% certain.
Archenteron Wrote:Are you boarding it with right click, or click-drag? If you're click-dragging, it's probably thinking the AI Core is a cargo object.
I boarded it using the board command from the text box, which I guess is the equivalent of right-clicking.

Vunterslaush Wrote:I seem to recall AI cores could pilot a pod, but I can't be 100% certain.
I know for a fact that they can't as of...two weeks ago? Wanna say two weeks ago. Might be a feature, might be a bug, iunno.
Archenteron Wrote:Are you boarding it with right click, or click-drag? If you're click-dragging, it's probably thinking the AI Core is a cargo object.
As a guy partly responsible for finding this out, if you try to click drag the AI in it counts as a player, and stops you from throwing them in the cargo hold.
Drag click gives the message "The pod's cargo loader rejects this cargo" or something like that. AIs can't right click. Only the local menu lets you board.