Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stamina and Handcuffing Issue
I've recently noticed that for some reason I'd been having some trouble handcuffing people, and I had also noticed that some others were experiencing the same issue.

Expected Behavior:
Use the handcuffs on a player, progress bar fills up and they are handcuffed.

Experienced Behavior:
Use the handcuffs on a player, progress bar appears and starts to fill a little, then turns red and disappears. It is not a case where the bar is broken, as waiting the amount of time it takes to handcuff someone results in no handcuffing.
Note: You can still handcuff them after a few tries, but I am not sure if this has to do with stamina.

Probable Cause:
I've found that when someone collapses from stamina draining (mainly taser/energy gun shots), that if you try just after they collapse you cannot handcuff them and experience the behavior I described above. Stun batons, and simply handcuffing someone standing still will handcuff them on the first try. I have not tested this with punching someone until they collapse, but I assume it would have the same result.
It appears I was wrong, and I still experience the same issue with not being able to handcuff someone even if they have been stunned with a stun baton. Now I believe a possible case is from the person being stunned holding down a movement key, and although the are not moving the game still believes they are and cancels the handcuffing.
Clicking on a visible tile seems to terminate any progress bar, including handcuffing. Are you sure this didn't happen to you?
Mofleaker Wrote:Clicking on a visible tile seems to terminate any progress bar, including handcuffing. Are you sure this didn't happen to you?

Yes, I've had this issue multiple times where I have only clicked on the person once and no where else. It's not even a case of spam click on them, it just straight up fails.
Having played a little last night, I think you may be right. I can't pinpoint the issue, but something's up.