Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Reagent revival message
Strange Reagent really needs a Notification Message to let the Revivee know their Corpse has been brought back to life
What I see usually happen when I try to revive someone else with SR they end up being braindead for the rest of the round, I think SR should Either force the person back into the corpse (Like Cloning/Borging) Or atleast give some kind of message that their corpse has been fixed, Otherwise there's no use in trying to revive someone who'll not even notice they've been revived.
yes yes yes a thousand times yes. this needs to happen. there is nothing I enjoy more as a scientist or medical doctor than using strange reagent but it only seems to work maybe 1 out of every 10 times because typically the ghost doesnt even know they are alive again.
Please make this a thing
Agreed. It takes some effort to use SR to revive someone, it shouldn't be wasted because the ghost has no idea they can re-enter their now living but soulless body.
Even better, just toss the ghost back into the body.
This is still a really good idea, by the way.
Possible alternate way of doing this:

When you inject a dead player with strange reagent, and it procs revive instead of gib, cause it to vibrate in place and glow slightly.

- Check if the ckey connected to the mob is connected/set as dnr/has given up their ability to be brought to life through some other means. (Ie drones, or getting spawned by an admin into a new mob, etc)

- If they're inside the body already, then bring them back as normal.

- If ghosted but connected, not set to DNR, and haven't lost their ability to be brought back through some means, then notify them with a noticeable sound and a link in the chat to return to their body. If they don't return in 60 seconds, then proceed to the stuff below:

- If they don't re-enter in 60 seconds, or they're not connected, or DNR, or lost their ability to be brought back, then proc another chance:

66% chance: Cause the corpse to gib and spawn a living skeleton critter on the spot with the original body's name as its name.

33% chance: Notify all connected ghosts with a message that a body is convulsing and about to be returned to life, with a link to jump to it. Clicking on the body will sign you up for it, and after about a minute of convulsing, the game will pick a random signed up ghost and ckey it to that body. You gain the mental notes of the previous client.
(if no ghost signs up, then skeleton it instead)
Midaychi Wrote:Possible alternate way of doing this:

When you inject a dead player with strange reagent, and it procs revive instead of gib, cause it to vibrate in place and glow slightly.

- Check if the ckey connected to the mob is connected/set as dnr/has given up their ability to be brought to life through some other means. (Ie drones, or getting spawned by an admin into a new mob, etc)

- If ghosted but connected, not set to DNR, and haven't lost their ability to be brought back through some means, then notify them with a noticeable sound and a link in the chat to return to their body. If they don't return in 60 seconds, then proceed to the stuff below:

- If they don't re-enter in 60 seconds, or they're not connected, or DNR, or lost their ability to be brought back, then proc another chance:

66% chance: Cause the corpse to gib and spawn a living skeleton critter on the spot with the original body's name as its name.

33% chance: Notify all connected ghosts with a message that a body is convulsing and about to be returned to life, with a link to jump to it. Clicking on the body will sign you up for it, and after about a minute of convulsing, the game will pick a random signed up ghost and ckey it to that body. You gain the mental notes of the previous client.
I think that wouldn't be a very good idea...
It kinda sounds like a big FUCK YOU to everyone involved.
The person who took the time to make the SR to revive someone else would get a big FUCK YOU to their face because of the high chance of a skeleton poping up and bashing their head in, SR use would also lower by alot,
The Revivee/Person's corpse would get a big FUCK YOU when a random dead staff assistant noob manages to get their body and possibly even all the goodies on it that the original owner could have spent the whole round obtaining.
Sorry, I missed the first part about them already being in their body, thats kinda good but who stays in their body after they die? I just think the ghost should get a simple message saying their corpse was revived with SR.
If I messed up somewhere reading your suggestion Im sorry, I feel like I did now...
But what if the skeleton was friendly?
Frank_Stein Wrote:But what if the skeleton was friendly?
And what if the skeleton went around making skeleton-based puns?
vampirate Wrote:Even better, just toss the ghost back into the body.
Midaychi Wrote:Possible alternate way of doing this:

+1 to this, minus the whole skeleton thing. It should be an instant message to all of deadchat, and whoever is fastest to enter the corpse with their spirit gets to take over the body, regardless if it was theirs or not!
I think it should just give you a message or shift you back into your body automatically. No need to add any of this fancy stuff.