Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenades survive if reaction not explosion or Beaker Pourers
Basically, what I want is some way to pour dangerous chems from a distance, I'm thinking of things that emit dangerous gas or other dangers which belong to a secret I'm not sure if it's safe to name, But I don't want to put myself at risk pouring two beakers together, I want something made from a robotic arm + remote signaller that can have two beakers attached, and when activated pours the second beaker into the first.
I'm not sure there is a whole lot else that I can say but feel free to give feedback I guess?
It would be nice if pills could have a dissolvable coating of something that causes no reactions until it's broken apart.
What you're asking for are chemistry traitor grenades, basically.
Grayshift Wrote:What you're asking for are chemistry traitor grenades, basically.

I'm asking for them to survive if they don't explode
and i'm not sure if this is a thing already but screwdriver to take the beakers out
I could see there being a machine that does this in the test chamber. But not one you can put down just anywhere.
Grek Wrote:I could see there being a machine that does this in the test chamber. But not one you can put down just anywhere.

Would increase the utility of the test chamber immensely.

Love this diea.
I like this idea. Although... I think the chemicompiler can do this.
Maybe it should be wrenchable?
All this would do is make the station grief from endless lists of horrible chemistry concoctions even worse.

But I'm sure 90% of the community would love for chemistry to become even more overpowered.
If this were to be made it would have to be strictly for testing, and a large cumbersome device, maybe even fixed in the testing room.
Spy_Guy Wrote:I like this idea. Although... I think the chemicompiler can do this.
Maybe it should be wrenchable?

Yeah, the chemicompiler can do this. Of course, if it's explosive it might take out the compiler (and chemistry too).
I'd be great if the device were really durable so it can withstand your typical chem explosion.
Ergh, I forgot to write that if the chemi-compiler is made movable, perhaps we should replace the miniature version that traitors can order with something else?
I don't hate the idea of grenades that don't explode surviving, but I'd be more in favor of it as a "someone tossed a sonic grenade in the halls and blew out all the windows, get his prints off the spent grenade" sort of thing. I'm not in favor of them being reusable, which is what the OP seems to be suggesting.
How about just make a worse version of traitor chem grenades that's craftable? Something like two hollowed pipes, filled with the chems strapped together. Attach some wire, a timer, and a transfer valve to have them mix together, and make the whole thing really bulky and unable to fit in backpacks
The way I see it, chemistry is right next to Medbay for a reason.

So that when your horrific experiment goes bad faster than you can run away, everything capable of healing you is also consumed in the fires, ensuring that you pay the price for your vile deeds.