Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ling chems SHOULD NOT affect other lings
Right now, ling vs ling fights are awful. One sting of neurotoxin and the fight's over. Absolutely no skill, finesse, or anything required. Just get close and click on them and you get a guaranteed absorb. Outside of fights, this is awful for round start lings, as you cannot speed regenerate out of it because you have 0 points.

I don't quite understand why a chemical lings create naturally affects them.
Snakes and spiders are susceptible to their own venom if injected. Humans have dangerous enzymes and acids inside of us that can kill us (looking at you, Pancreas). It's perfectly plausible.

This is really no different than a traitor killing another traitor with tools at their disposal.
plus if you get absorbed with enough DNA points in you, you will more than likely headspider the ling that ate you and kill him and take over his body. happened to me, and it was a hilarious way to die.
Heiraphont Wrote:Snakes and spiders are susceptible to their own venom if injected. Humans have dangerous enzymes and acids inside of us that can kill us (looking at you, Pancreas). It's perfectly plausible.
Well, even if it makes sense from a biological standpoint, I think that Ali0en is more speaking about this in terms of balancing. You'd expect changeling vs changeling fights to be more epic and drawn out, but changelings are no more susceptible to other changelings than they are to any other normal schmuck, meaning that you can easily be felled from a neurotoxin sting just like anyone else can.

On the one hand, I get where this is coming from; Racking up DNA absorption only to fall victim to a poke from the same shit you've been using for the past thirty minutes is kind of anticlimactic. But on the other hand, it gives a sense of tension and caution to playing as a ling, because you never know when you might get stinged when you expect to be taking on an ordinary person. Seeing as tension and caution are what define the changeling gamemode, I'm hesitant to back this idea.
On the one hand, hardly any fights are really epic and drawn out. On the other hand, changeling mirror matches are really dumb and boring, because usually they'll sting each other and both of them pass out before they can deal a killing blow, they'll lie there unconscious for a while, and eventually whoever got stung first will wake up and kill the other one before they can wake up.
Maybe just give the changeling resistances to other changeling abilities rather than full immunity? Acid spit gives them confused movement and drowsiness instead of insta-unconsciousness, neurotox stings do slightly decreased damage and don't impair their functions quite as much, etc.
I agree before this change I had a fight with a changeling in the Jazz Lounge and we both went into Horror form. We both used neurotoxin on each other and what not and while passing out during the fight we would exchange blows and acid, till we ran out of DNA and reverted back to our base forms we later found each other again and teamed up. Drawn out fights with other changelings seem like a thing of the past and that deeply saddens me. Though the changes with the changeling has been for the better don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that there are still some issues that need to be worked out.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Maybe just give the changeling resistances to other changeling abilities rather than full immunity? Acid spit gives them confused movement and drowsiness instead of insta-unconsciousness, neurotox stings do slightly decreased damage and don't impair their functions quite as much, etc.

I like this idea
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Maybe just give the changeling resistances to other changeling abilities rather than full immunity? Acid spit gives them confused movement and drowsiness instead of insta-unconsciousness, neurotox stings do slightly decreased damage and don't impair their functions quite as much, etc.
This is a good idea and should be implemented.
Wasn't acid spit changed into a literal projectile wad of acid? I don't think it should be knocking out/making anyone drowsy from it.
Zafhset Wrote:Wasn't acid spit changed into a literal projectile wad of acid? I don't think it should be knocking out/making anyone drowsy from it.
Right, I keep forgetting that. In this case, maybe the damage/stun (since I'm pretty sure it stuns? don't remember, haven't actually played a changeling round since the update) could be reduced.
Zafhset Wrote:Wasn't acid spit changed into a literal projectile wad of acid? I don't think it should be knocking out/making anyone drowsy from it.
No, neurotoxin knocks you out for several minutes.
Ali0en Wrote:
Acid spit doesn't have neurotoxin in it anymore.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:
Acid spit doesn't have neurotoxin in it anymore.
I meant the sting. You're knocked out within 10 seconds.
Changelings are hyper-adaptive creatures that change their form to what best benefits the situation. It actually would make sense to an extent if they resisted their own poisons, or all poison in general.

Depends how far you want to go with it.