Xavieri for Head of Security
Usual Character Name: Woodrow Thrillson, Woodworks
BYOND Username: Xavieri
Recommended by (if applicable): Ed Venture, Grayshift, Weavel, Sundance and Hufflaw
Times Available: Quite randomly, mostly afternoons GMT+3.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

I didn't actually think I would be ever making this application. But following a recommendation from Ed and by a bunch of other very competent Heads of Security, I finally decided to test the waters. Ed actually said I should be making an application a while ago, but I decided to hang back, play a little more as a security officer and wait for feedback before doing it. And well, here we are, believe it or not.

I think I've played enough as a security officer so that I can direct others, less experienced folks. It is a benefit to all if an officer is not running around with his baton out 24/7. To do this efficiently however, I would need to don the hat. There's not much I can do if a fellow security officer suddenly decides to shoot a 40mm smoke grenade at my face at round start, start beating prisoners to death or just being literally hitler, without help from the HoS (who might not be there), the captain or HoP. Just taking his ID and throwing him out will not necessarily fix the problem, as the offender would possibly not listen to reason, as a normal security officer lacks the authority to really order folks around. He would just keep coming back and escalate things further into shit. As a Head of Security, I could fix this whenever it happens and make security as a whole more uniform. Better.

Moving on to my experience. I guess most folks know me as a pretty robust dude? I don't personally think so, I'm just a guy who knows how to press z and has the timings on some stuff. But I do have experience on catching the most dangerous prey, rampagers. Me being one of them, most of the time. I just really like grabbing a weapon and going after the station, with it ending in my death or the crews annihilation. I also possess quite thorough understanding and knowledge of chemistry, so chemical traitoring and their ways are not unknown to me. I've also had a few traitors escape my pursuit, but with me being able to deduce their location due to the way they went about things and apprehend them.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Honestly speaking, I've not played security as much as some others have, mostly because I really dislike how the default officers suit looks. I think it's the sleeves. But anyway, I've recently manned up and taken it as my duty to grab the Centcom-issued baton and taser and try to make the station a better place. When I was starting playing as an officer for the first time, I didn't really pay attention to my colleagues, preferring to do everything by myself. While this didn't end up in me being killed in some dead end maintenance tunnel without anyone knowing (most of the time), it sure was boring and actually made me dislike the job, and I quickly stopped playing it.

I think it has already been over three or so months of the moment I readded security officer to my list of jobs, but this time I had a different approach to it all. I try to actually communicate and cooperate with my fellow officers as much as possible, in addition to trying to get the verdict on sentences from the HoS, or in case of there not being one present, from the captain or HoP. I try to keep all my prisoners alive to the best of my ability, but sometimes this is just not possible. I also draw the line on some of the antagonist types. Changelings or vampires are getting stunned and welded into a crate enroute to disposals, no questions asked. Wizards, due to their unremovable clothing that was added while back, are also killed on sight. I really wish this wasn't the case for wizards though. I really miss shaving them. Overall, this playstyle made me really like being sec.

Speaking of crimes, I'm kinda harsh on them, even the ones that seem small. I've arrested people for constructing flamethrowers that weren't made for anything productive, like fighting blobs. Staff assistants constructing pipebombs for "fun" is a crime. Breaking and entering to important places is a crime. If you do these things on my watch, expect a stun baton to the face and a quick drag to the bathroom where you will face your sentence, head on. There is a limit on arresting folks, however. Ticketing folks is one of the best things about being a security officer, that I gladly use whenever I'm able or when the crime is small enough to not warrant anything more serious.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

In my opinion, there should be a small medical booth inside security proper or near it, with a surgery table and some rudimentary healing gear. Maybe with a small back alley door, in case of it being inside security, so that medical doctors could enter the booth itself but not actually get inside security. I've lost count on how many times I've had to drag a criminal across the entire station just to check him for implants or treat their wounds, sometimes all the while he/she is breaking out of handcuffs with the said implant. It could also prove useful for passing on some of the harsher sentences for the folks that are really asking for it.

I think other folks have brought this up as well, but robots travelling through security entrance is kind annoying, as just walking in to security while a graysuit is outside in the hall usually ends up in the graysuit either running around security proper or stunned on the floor in the foyer. Giving the robots a doggie door might work. Bottie door. Maybe the door should be really fast to close by itself? I've had to yell at folks to close the door before, with them leaving it wide open.

Previous Bans:

One dayban for spamming farts.
The age of stricter security could use a player like Xavieri in the saddle.

Woodrow is good in a fight, fun to play with and from what I've seen of his recent security play, a good cop too. Hopefully having you on the side of the good guys for a change will inspire even more devious traitors to take you down.

I support Xavieri for HoS!
You legitimately spook me with some of the stuff I've seen from you. This is a good thing. A good spook.

You seem level-headed even when I violence you as a traitor. Sure you'd look good with a red beret.
I can't think of anyone else right now that deserves to be a HOS then Xavieri. This player is robust, has common sense, knows how to use teamwork and most importantly he never gives up. Having played numerous rounds with him I could tell he and I shared the same viewpoint on how to deal with antags such as changelings and vampires and for the most part our views on security/playstyle are the same and reading this app only strengthens my belief that Xavieri will be a great Head of Security. He brings alot to the table and he has alot to teach people about security.
Most definitely a yes. Woody is excellent HoS fodder material.
This guy confiscated some pipe bombs a staff assistant was making. He should definitely be a head of security.
I recommended Woody after a recent encounter where I dropped a large amount of cannabis in the Mini-Med and, in uniform, me and him smoked 10 joints between us.

I know that sounds dumb but it shows to me that he can have fun while being a cop, and that's all you can really ask of a HoS; don't hate fun, don't be over-serious.
Yes.

The only question: Stick with the blue beret, or change to the red?
Yes. I've seen Woody in a fight, I've seen Woody be a sec officer, and I've seen Woody be a fun guy.

Most def could be a HoS.
Grayshift Wrote:Yes.

Hat.
Xavieri Wrote:
Grayshift Wrote:Yes.

Hat.
Yes.
Xavieri Wrote:Hat.

I come in here to approve and I read this blasphemy??!!
Mofleaker Wrote:

Hey man, don't be hating on the hat. When you're out there in the space rain, would you rather keep your head warm and dry or get it all cold and wet as the beret gets all floppy? I mean sure, the beret is all stylish and all, but all headwear should have their chance to shine.
Mofleaker Wrote:

I thought Xavieri would be a good HoS but he chose the hat.

Yes.