Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let borgs be able to disconnect one or more of their limbs
at will. Basically to make shit less annoying for both borgs and roboticists that want to swap parts out. Or mabye for the wierdos that like being armless legless brobots. Mysterious happenings!
I like this. Though there would have to be some kind of etiquette for certain situations that would come up.

Give up a leg for the HoS? Sure thing, Human. A staff assistant? Eh? No thanks, meatbag. Follow random orders to delimb? Preservation law. Is it alright to upload an override law for all borgs to delimb themselves? I personally don't mind being immobile so long as I can chat, but I could definitely see the sea of salt from such an action.
Borgs can still move with no limbs (somehow), just very slowly.
I imagine that Law 2 orders for limb donations will be treated the same way as Law 2 orders for suicide, ie. only due it if you feel like it because nobody in the chain of command has the authority to order that without uploading an actual law.
this is good, but it would need to be accompanied with specialized new limbs/changes to existing limbs, so there would be a reason to change limbs

the borg suicide command should be them just popping their own heads off, leaving their body standing there
misto Wrote:this is good, but it would need to be accompanied with specialized new limbs/changes to existing limbs, so there would be a reason to change limbs

the borg suicide command should be them just popping their own heads off, leaving their body standing there

like a drill/scoop arm for mining borgs, turning the rcd tool into a whole rcd arm for construction borgs, a bottomless super-fire-extinguisher arm for engineering borgs, giving the legs different properties (treads could work like magboots+obesity, light legs could let u pass thru ppl like how humans on help can), etc.