Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let monkeys understand humans again.
It's pretty much no fun what so ever to play as a monkey now since you are pretty much deaf all round. Which is a shame since before this change being a monkey was one of my favorite things.
Ed Venture Wrote:It's pretty much no fun what so ever to play as a monkey now since you are pretty much deaf all round. Which is a shame since before this change being a monkey was one of my favorite things.
^This Is how I feel as well. A sad old frog
I was just in a round where I was a monkey and the HOS was calling for me to duel the traitor to the death and I only found out though deadchat. This change is a good thing if you think player controlled monkeys should not interact with the crew at all.
Let monkeys understand humans by default, and make there be a trait for humans that lets them understand monkeys. Call it the Goodall Gene or something.
Ed Venture Wrote:This change is a good thing if you think player controlled monkeys should not interact with the crew at all.
And therein lies the issue: I, and probably a bunch of other people, think that player controlled monkeys should be able to interact with the crew in ways beyond stealing shit and hiding under tables. Sure, you have what amounts to free license to be a bit more griefy and pull more pranks on the station at the cost of having a target on your head for rude silicons and rude humans, but the loss of ability to understand the crew meant the loss of a whole dimension of monkey-related shenanigans and that's sad.
I have to disagree with this idea. Monkey's basically exist as all access passes to the station who live to grief and are hard to hit. Making monkey's more insufferable seems to me to be a bad idea. If monkey's could understand humans, most the griefers wouldn't bother being anything else.
Sadly the crew has a free license to kill you for all your cheeky efforts. Also Top Banana is the best job title a monkey could ever want.
vampirate Wrote:I have to disagree with this idea. Monkey's basically exist as all access passes to the station who live to grief and are hard to hit. Making monkey's more insufferable seems to me to be a bad idea. If monkey's could understand humans, most the griefers wouldn't bother being anything else.
On the contrary, not being able to communicate with the crew in any sort of meaningful way whatsoever is probably what would encourage more griefing. I mean, if you can't talk to anyone and no one can talk to you and everyone seems to hate you on principle, what else is there to be done?
vampirate Wrote:I have to disagree with this idea. Monkey's basically exist as all access passes to the station who live to grief and are hard to hit. Making monkey's more insufferable seems to me to be a bad idea. If monkey's could understand humans, most the griefers wouldn't bother being anything else.

I've seen more monkey be little shits since this change then before the change when monkeys would help you out if you were in trouble. Having no way to no what's going on for the whole round makes people be assholes more then usually. Again, being deaf all round cause you randomly rolled a monkey is not fun.
Anticheese Wrote:Let monkeys understand humans by default, and make there be a trait for humans that lets them understand monkeys. Call it the Goodall Gene or something.

Surely it would be called The Gene Goodall
You've made your case.