Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Power Transmission Laser Feedback
If you have feedback about the new Power Transmission Laser located in engineering, this is where to put it. It's probably going to take a fair bit of tweaking to get all the values right, so please let me know what you think!

e: Just thought, might add mirrors that can be used to redirect the beam for mischief.
Make the room itself larger, it's very cramped right now.
Place a glass window infront of the laser where the door opens so Air doesn't leak out when you use it
I posted this in deadchat but I'll repost it here: please add a traitor engineer item that comes in two parts: one you screw onto the end of the laser, and another that you wrench somewhere else on the station. When the other end is wrenched down and the laser fires, the laser's output goes through a portal to the wrenched object, then releases the laser in the direction you have the thingy set up, burning a 1 tile hole through everything (depending on laser output).

Also mabye add a laser focusing chamber (to the laser itself, not the traitor item) that we can put crafted lenses into, to change the color of the beam or have different effects on output, et cetera.
Noah Buttes Wrote:Make the room itself larger, it's very cramped right now.
In fairness there usually wouldn't be 5+ people crowded in there, but I will.

pizzatiger Wrote:Place a glass window infront of the laser where the door opens so Air doesn't leak out when you use it
Ok.

Berrik Wrote:I posted this in deadchat but I'll repost it here: please add a traitor engineer item that comes in two parts: one you screw onto the end of the laser, and another that you wrench somewhere else on the station. When the other end is wrenched down and the laser fires, the laser's output goes through a portal to the wrenched object, then releases the laser in the direction you have the thingy set up, burning a 1 tile hole through everything (depending on laser output).

Also mabye add a laser focusing chamber (to the laser itself, not the traitor item) that we can put crafted lenses into, to change the color of the beam or have different effects on output, et cetera.
Redirecting the laser to kill dudes will probably involve mirrors. Re: lenses, that's a good idea but I want to get the basics sorted first.
IM - as a longer term goal could those lenses and mirrors use material science to alter the beam in different manners?
Erev Wrote:IM - as a longer term goal could those lenses and mirrors use material science to alter the beam in different manners?
Maybe
firing an incredibly high power laser should vaporize whoever runs infront of it
babayetu83 Wrote:firing an incredibly high power laser should vaporize whoever runs infront of it
It does
So you're saying we should not not put a crewmen directly in front of the laser, especially one buckle cuffed to a chair while asking for 1 billion credits [Image: Dr-Evil-smiley-face.gif]

After checking the location out, I'm pretty sure Ling now has the perfect way to disposal bodys.
atomic1fire Wrote:After checking the location out, I'm pretty sure Ling now has the perfect way to disposal bodys.

Well... dependent upon if the laser has enough juice to do more then set on fire and/or dismember. That'd require time or a hellburn, which the ling might not want to get close to. I'd honestly say it'd be quite a bit more work than the crusher.
this system is cool.
so uh, where can I send power to with this thing?
ive seen at least 2 people in one round get lit on fire by this laser so it's working as intended i'd think.

anyway its a very cool idea and i'm excited for there to be a way for traitors to use it for malicious purposes!
Does anyone know where it tells you how much you have made?