Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let miners access the magnet override
The chances of getting the CE to do anything besides hellburn the engine are slim. The miners shouldn't have to pester their boss just to get some work done without having to stand around for minutes at a time waiting for the dumb cooldown.
I don't see the need for this to be honest. And before you say anything. I play a lot of CE or miner/QM I do a lot of pod mining and even though the cool down slows the pace a bit. It gives you a little time to sort ores. You just need to find time for busy work.

To be honest if any Pubbs The Miner can cool down the mineral mag they would be blowing it up every round because they would abuse the fuck out if it.
I'd rather see a few pubbies blow themselves up than see it unused every single round like it is now. As someone who doesn't mine with pods and prefers to be more selective with ores, I can tell you that waiting for the cooldown is seriously dull.
Mining override should definately belong to the miners.
Can the AI override it? If not, that would be an easy fix. Really, most jobs have something they can screw up. With indysuits there isn't much you can screw up in mining. Giving them the possibility of wrecking their magnet wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I would suggest something hackable or spoofable, but that sounds like even more super happy fun coding extreme time yay.
The AI can override it, the last I checked.
AI cannot override.