Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GENETICS
Roomba Wrote:I don't think there should be any mechanism that lets you bypass stability.

Agreed. It's a short step behind invisible hulk TK cryo thermal resisting laser shooting oxygen and toxin resistant supermen who laugh in the face of danger.

And then promptly get mugged by the crew for being smug.
Anticheese Wrote:Can we get the ability to inject chromosomes into the potential genes of someone in the scanner?)
The way things are coded now i'm not sure that'd work. Is this worth doing, do you think? The only chromosome I think would benefit from this is camouflage, since stabilizer would be useless as genes activated from the potential pool don't cause any stability loss.

pizzatiger Wrote:this is a really dumb idea but can we use chromosomes to cause the computer to automatically make a gene stable AKA find hulk in a monkey and i use a chromosome to stablize the mutation instead of upgrading it (you can do that later).
You can already do this with stored mutations.

Roomba Wrote:I don't think there should be any mechanism that lets you bypass stability.
The stabilizer chromosome is rare and consumable. You aren't going to have a whole lot of them to be using - plus there's a maximum of five storage slots for mutations in the scanner. Having a ton of stabilized powers is going to be unlikely, plus to actually get the chromosomes you need to empower the crew. In addition stabilizing genes means you miss out on other upgrades.
Stryxic Wrote:

Agreed. It's a short step behind invisible hulk TK cryo thermal resisting laser shooting oxygen and toxin resistant supermen who laugh in the face of danger.

And then promptly get mugged by the crew for being smug.
And then kill them all.
A heads-up:
Booster Gene Q is gone. It has been replaced with a new booster gene. What does it do? Find out for yourself.
so sayeth changelog:

(*)Additional genetics UI tweaks. Markers will now turn white when you have the correct sequence.
(*)Added Autocomplete feature. If you have already activated a gene once, you can hit autocomplete to get the sequence. Encryption locks must still be broken, however.
(*)Added Booster Gene Y and Booster Gene Z.
(*)High Complexity DNA is easier to unlock now (2 locks instead of 4), and also can be used as a wildcard in gene combination.
(*)Appearance and Body Type are now fully accessible from the beginning.
(*)Removed: Booster Gene Q, Saturated Junk DNA, Hair Follicle Research, Body Type Research
Yeah, I was mostly suggesting it for the camouflage gene. Since autocomplete is now in (an amazing feature!), this'd be more useful now.
30 awesome useful things in genetics, only 17 really bad ones, and a bunch that are just eh.

A. Genetics needs more bad mutations.

B. Also, is there any way we can enforce a cap on mutations? I see a lot of people get superpowered out the ass and then they are unstoppable. It's really fucking annoying, because they use this to troll people who are playing if they're not a traitor and if they are it's impossible to kill them.

How about when certain mutations are combined they result in something bad happening? For example, taking Polymorphism along with SMES Human...

You suddenly turn into a bolt of lightning! How cool is that?!
BZZZT!!!
* Pubbie McGenetics (DEAD) wails, "OH THAT IS SO BULLSHIT WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Or maybe combining Chameleon with X-Ray Vision...

You suddenly seem to be able to see through everything...
EVERYTHING IS TOO BRIGHT!!!

You have gone blind from permanent retinal damage.
Skunkrocker Wrote:How about when certain mutations are combined they result in something bad happening? For example, taking Polymorphism along with SMES Human...

BZZZT!!!

While this is hilarious and I'd love to see something like this happen, that's a helluva lot of combinations to code out reactions for.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Skunkrocker Wrote:How about when certain mutations are combined they result in something bad happening? For example, taking Polymorphism along with SMES Human...

BZZZT!!!

While this is hilarious and I'd love to see something like this happen, that's a helluva lot of combinations to code out reactions for.

more powers that you could sabotage like giving someone boosted superfarts or unsynchronized biomass manipulation would be nice. maybe make a chromosome that sabotages genes spectacularly.