Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Constant Admin Fuckery
I don't mind occasional admin fuckery. I even enjoy it, often it can make the round...

my problem and the reason I am posting is as follows:

Most of my plans take a lot of set up as a traitor.

Just now, because of admin fuckery, a thirty minute set up as a traitor got ruined by a server crash. I got this traitor round by using my antag token.

Why did I have that antag token? Because admin fuckery crashed the server on that antag round too.

Even more hilarious is the round after when I didn't use the token the round before last, I rolled traitor and admin fuckery demolished that game.

So to count that is four traitor games now ruined by admin fuckery.

And I try not to get mad, but we get one token, one round refunded that the admin or server fucked up. It's a slap in the face when an admin fucks up the traitor round you only got because an admin fucked up another of your antag rounds.
In total if was given a traitor token return for every traitor round I had an admin absolutely crash the server or make it unplayable I'd have four. Currently I am at 0 since I can't connect to adminhelp and get back the one they just ruined.

Even funnier. Before I used the token this round I adminhelped to make sure they weren't going to fuck with the round and was told I'm safe. That's four traitor rounds that got fucked in the name of "fun" ... even if I got each round back, I'm not getting back the time I spent trying to do something elaborate and unique. If you guys don't want everyone just rampaging and relawing the AI you may want to think about whether or not you're making it impossible to make players to want to invest the time to do anything more than rampage.
Oh and to be clear this all happened in a period of 48 hours.
I was there on two of the rounds in question, i believe. Some changes are being made to the delete queue process, a heavy source of lag. The admins were doing stress testing on a live server because it's hard to test lag of this type on a server with only 1 person on it.

I'm pretty sure that's what we were talking about here? Those rounds stand out most in memory since i was in both of them.

Anyways, no one was purposely going out of their way to fuck with you and antag tokens are cheap; just ask for another refund.
Nah I didn't think anyone was fucking with me specifically, but it's pretty close to every round during peak hours. It was those two rounds yes, but like I said there were at least four in the last 48 hours and the point was that was JUST me. Let alone anyone else. The problem there is when every round gets fucked with thirty to forty minutes in there is no reason to invest in a plan or gimmick only to have some admin say "I hit a butan" and things start exploding or you hit a lag spike, or the server crashes. I've lost a lot of time investment in rounds over gimmicks.

I spawned my first shotgun today cause I got exhaused of it, and sure enough that round got lagged so bad that my stims literally wore out before I could kill more than one person and I was standing outside security. In that time through lag I made it to the bar.

Here's kinda what happens.

One admin is like "I hit a baton" and all this stuff happens and everyone laughs. A person gets a token. Everyone talks about how great it was.

Then that admin tries to reproduce it, or another admin wants to do their thing... and sure its fun for everyone but an antag who wants to do their own thing. Keeping in mind that they rolled the round, They can't just spawn everything they need for their gimmicks or plans like admins can. So when an antag invests time, it really sucks to have it wiped out by an admin trying to be wacky.

I'm not trying to be angry, or anything. It's a complaint. I'm not pointing fingers, I'm not asking for anyone to be punished. the purpose of the complaint is to point it out and generate a dialogue about it, because with summer coming it tends to happen more, unless things have changed in my absense (unlikely). I dig these events and I don't mind occasionally getting around fucked by them. it happens, but when its every other round or every round it grows tiresome.
I want to say "lighten up", but to be perfectly honest, your frustration's far from misplaced and completely understandable. And I still haven't gotten the opportunity to play very much due to assorted real life bullshit, so I can't exactly speak to the frequency of admin fuckery as of lately, but the point you make is valid. It stands to reason that you might have just consistently been in the wrong place at the wrong time, though I applaud you going out of your way to talk about it instead of letting it simmer until you try to do something stupid. That takes guts.

...that's about all I have to say right now. I can't really continue the discussion in an educated manner without, as mentioned, knowing how frequent admin fuckery has been lately, so I'll probably hop back in once that gets squared away. Also it's 3:30 in the morning which seems like a very bad time to try partaking in logical discussion. v
Would like to note that I almost used a token, one of the two I have right now last round. The round was made rainbow, lag, and crashed.

Why didn't I use the token. because the round before the escape shuttle was made to be one person large and I got tossed into space. The latter isn't as bad, but I've played I think eight games tonight... three of them were crashed by an admin, two of them had gimmicks that killed people.
I kind of feel the same way.

Just putting it out there.
Marquesas Wrote:I kind of feel the same way.

Just putting it out there.

It is a constant cycle, everyone now and again everyone gets a bit too over the top and ends up playing their game rather than ss13. Normally this sort of thread is all it takes to calm that back down, hopefully that will be the case here and we won't have the deadmin anyone for not keeping their hand out of the cookie jar
Remember when the floor cluwne was this thing of mystery and it was fun to pretend it basically never existed?

That's getting harder to do when it's showing up one out of every three or four rounds.
I agree with this, both that there's been too many disruptive gimmicks lately and that the floor cluwne got ran into the ground.
magic mountain Wrote:the floor cluwne got ran into the ground.
thats kind of ironic
magic mountain Wrote:the floor cluwne got ran into the ground.
everyman smith
Spy_Guy Wrote:everyman smith
it was too beautiful
a goon's life
To come with an actual useful reply though, we'll be cracking down on the sort of round-destroying fuckery this thread is about.
A floor cluwne ate a bad captain who uploaded a racist law when I was playing the AI. This is a good use of floor cluwnes.