Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Authorization disk, More then just explosions
Now before you guy's BLOW me (up) off and tell me that the Authorization Disk is NEVER coming back hear me out. What if instead of it interacting with the nuke it allows the captains to special features and programs that requires the disk so he can make Important decesions.

Examples

Have the shuttle arrive 5 minutes Earlier so it's more useful to have the captain call it instead of the AI

Allows the captain to ask for a small {1-2 people} squad of security picked from the list of ghosts to help defend the station during emergancy situations. This cost money and failure to pay it off results in a 15-20 minute shuttle if you don't use the disk

Order a clown squad to bring the crew happiness. This cost bannanas and failure to pay this off will result in angry clowns

Shut down comms for 5 minutes

Have the whole station bolted down except when a Head's ID is detected at a door for 5 minutes. This can be used during situation requring quareteine or martial law
Edit-Accidently hit post early so lets finish this

Disclaimer- Those are shitty ideas because i am not smart or creative.I bet you guy's could come up with better ones

These mean the captain would become important again with portecting the disk from atangs (or clowns who want a clown squad) who would want to use it's power for harm and he would also get something that would help him increase the decesions he can make
Loving it.
To be honest the only thing I regret about new nuke is that no one is ever panicked about where dat fukken disk is
The auth disk could always be an alternate option to trigger the off station nuke for wannabe nuke agents, provided they bring the nuke to the station.

This is probably a terrible idea but I kinda like the thought of someone making their own gang/mindslave nuke team and using the nuke as a really big bomb, or a really big bargaining chip.
Bumping this idea. I'd love to see the auth disk have a powerful and potentially nefarious function.

Although here this: The captain already has access to an all access ID, and is the most accepted of all crewmen to be within the AI core. He also has access to armor and a sick gun. Giving him another perk would seem a little too much.

So what could the perk of the auth disk be? How about removing a function (oh-ho a NERF) and locking it behind the auth disk?

How about money? I hope in the future there'll be more use for money but locking it behind the auth disk with the disk be a key to the "vault" as such could make money less siphoned off by a shithead hop.
Essentially what i'm suggesting is to change deposit money into a player bank account, it requires the auth disk. Withdrawing into the budget/changing the budgets to research/shipping can all be done without the auth disk, but siphoning money into your account requires the auth disk.

This would mean that stealing the budget objective is harder, as not only do you need to get the auth disk off the captain, money that is stolen into an account would give either a big hint that either the captain is in trouble/dead or in cahoots with traitor.
Sundance Wrote:Bumping this idea. I'd love to see the auth disk have a powerful and potentially nefarious function.

Although here this: The captain already has access to an all access ID, and is the most accepted of all crewmen to be within the AI core. He also has access to armor and a sick gun. Giving him another perk would seem a little too much.

So what could the perk of the auth disk be? How about removing a function (oh-ho a NERF) and locking it behind the auth disk?

How about money? I hope in the future there'll be more use for money but locking it behind the auth disk with the disk be a key to the "vault" as such could make money less siphoned off by a shithead hop.
Essentially what i'm suggesting is to change deposit money into a player bank account, it requires the auth disk. Withdrawing into the budget/changing the budgets to research/shipping can all be done without the auth disk, but siphoning money into your account requires the auth disk.

This would mean that stealing the budget objective is harder, as not only do you need to get the auth disk off the captain, money that is stolen into an account would give either a big hint that either the captain is in trouble/dead or in cahoots with traitor.

The reason i suggested the disk be used for unlocking some fun new stuff like calling a clown squad or having the shuttle arrive faster (or slower if you wish) is so his gun and armor would be put to use. Without the need of portecting the disk the captain doesn't really need his armor and gun.If the disk was given the ablility to do some new stuff it would become important every-round so the captain would have to worry about not losing his disk every round unlike before where it was only important during nuke BUT i do like the idea of having money being behind that disk too which would cement the theme that nanotrasion stupidly trusted absolute power to an idiot
I'd just like to point out that the Captain's armor might as well have a bullseye painted on its back. Traitors and antagonists of every stripe tend to start gunning for the Captain whenever they get the chance to jump on him because of that sweet, sweet all-access ID card. For god's sake, the captain is one of the two people on station in possession of the single most dangerous piece of conventional weaponry, and out of the two, they aren't even usually expected to use it competently. When you combine this with their all-acces, the Captain does NOT need any more flat-out weapons, period.
Clarification: The captain is in possession of one of the most dangerous pieces of conventional weaponry available to the station under normal circumstances. Also the other person with such a weapon may not even be there.
What if the with disk acted as a buff when used in certain departments? Inserted into genetics it'd get you quicker clone times. Added to the power transfer laser it'd get you more money per kW. Added to QM you get access to a couple new, cool traders. The stock market might open up new companies or events. Essentially it'd let the captain make a choice that would actually affect the station in some manner.