Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very small but very useful qol security suggestion
Y'know sec pda's?
Y'know how they're tied into sec alarms, such as the brig and beepsky and the morgue?
Y'know how they can ticket people and send messages on the sly?

Y'know how they get blown up by detomatrix cartridges frequently?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could dispense blank sec pda's from sec dispensers?
It wouldn't stop dorks blowing up pda's, but it means that sec can get new pdas if they need to, and it'd be doubly handy for late recruits.
You know what else would be useful? If officers could use their PDAs to summon the port a brig
what if sec pdas could dispense sec dispensers, which could dispense pdas, which could dispense sec dispensers....
quiltyquilty Wrote:what if sec pdas could dispense sec dispensers, which could dispense pdas, which could dispense sec dispensers....

everyman smith
Instead of just wholesale sec PDAs, maybe just let the sec dispensers have the specific security PDA cartridge? I remember a round where I wanted to give someone the ability to ticket people but could never get around to giving them the PDA necessary to do so.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Instead of just wholesale sec PDAs, maybe just let the sec dispensers have the specific security PDA cartridge? I remember a round where I wanted to give someone the ability to ticket people but could never get around to giving them the PDA necessary to do so.

AFAIK the alert functionality (beepsky, morgue, brig, distress call) are all built into the sec pda and not in the R.O.B.U.S.T or R.O.B.U.S.T.E.R cartridge, hence the suggestion for the whole sec pda rather than the cartridge itself. Nothing stopping you from dispensing a sec pda and giving it to the person who can just swipe their ID on it though.
Okay, so how about instead, swiping a blank PDA (from the cartyparty machine) with your ID tunes it in to any mailbots that you have clearance for?
Why not just leave a box of spare PDA's in the sec main room, and have each one preloaded with a cart?
Vunterslaush Wrote:Why not just leave a box of spare PDA's in the sec main room, and have each one preloaded with a cart?
This seems the simplest way to do it.
Implemented.