Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quartermaster Mining Access
So we all know what the QM's job is. Its to gather stuff from miners ( WHICH are USUALLY incompetent and usually FUCK OFF into space.) and sell it. However, it is very hard to get into the Mining. For one its hard because THEY HAVE NO ACCESS. For someone who supervises Mining, it doesnt seem like a good thing to not have. Quartermaster literally should have Mining access to pick up their ores that they need to get from INCOMPETENT miners themselves. This way, the QMs can do their jobs and not FUCK around literally, blowing the whole budget.

What'cha think?
I'd like this, saves me the trouble of having to wrangle the HoP into giving me mining access or having to go rob mining of their ores by hacking my way in when I'm QM.
Eh, how about the ore belt be moved into a common store room they can both access.
This would completely undermine mining as a department if quartermasters can just take their gear and do their job for them.

Mining is not the only source of income - If communication between QM and mining breaks down, seek one of the other alternatives to make money.
If a qm wants to mine, they can just make the equipment?
Championfire Wrote:So we all know what the QM's job is. Its to gather stuff from miners

Um no, the job of the quartermaster is listen and follow the needs of the station, take requests and supply personnel with things they need or request. While at the same time bringing in station income. You can make extra money WITHOUT mining, but that just makes your job harder.

Championfire Wrote:WHICH are USUALLY incompetent and usually FUCK OFF into space.

If the miners fuck off for space exploring. They aren't mining at all PERIOD. If a miner decides to go exploring, there isn't any ore to sell at all.

Championfire Wrote:However, it is very hard to get into the Mining. For one its hard because THEY HAVE NO ACCESS.

Mining isn't QM, you don't need access. It's what the engineering communication channel is for.

Championfire Wrote:For someone who supervises Mining

QMs "Supervise" mining like security "Supervises" the detective.

Championfire Wrote:Quartermaster literally should have Mining access to pick up their ores that they need to get from INCOMPETENT miners themselves.

Reread what happens if miners fuck off to space.

Championfire Wrote:This way, the QMs can do their jobs and not FUCK around literally, blowing the whole budget.

If this is happening, and you don't know how to make money without mining, you're a bad QM.
If the QM wants mining access that round, they can go bug the HOP, that's what he's there for. The entire point of having them separate is to make sure neither job is entirely redundant and both establish some modicum of communication.
Engineers already have mining access for fuel and construction materials. If you give the QMs access then there would be no practical need for dedicated miners. If you go this far, you might as well ask for QMs to have botany access too.

A large bit of the fun of QM is the communication it requires. You have to ask for things; sometimes even politely! Heaven forbid! Even when this doesn't work, a bit of quid pro quo softens even the rustiest of crewman. Offer a botanist a bee crate for some weed and they'll generally give you enough dank to blot out Sol. The thing to remember here is that these departments don't exist to make exports for the QM. They can do what they want with the fruits of their labor. That being said, there's nothing to stop the QM from putting together some EQ and taking a pod ride. Just be warned of cross miners if you happened to gank their gold deposit for mere credits. They had dreams of making escape a sparkly electric disco, damnit.