SAmeme's HoS application
Usual Character Name: Che Guevara/Hugo Chavez/assorted communists.
BYOND Username: SAmeme
Recommended by (if applicable): No one. I'm a maverick.
Times Available: It varies wildly, as I'm a student, but it errs on "most of the time", as I'm a student. I'm GMT and I tend to play in sessions of about 6 hours, doing work in between deaths. I seem to see most of the active people when I play but I'm open to the idea of there being a secret SS13 that I don't know about. I primarily play G3 but that's just habit rather than me hating G4.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
Well, HoS looks fun. You have the authority of the captain but while the role of the captain can be quite a boring or short lived one, (or often, excitingly, both!) the HoS is both more equipped to defend himself and the crew, and I know from experience the times when I've been captain, and there's rampaging syndicates or some telekinetic shitlord with a c saber I've been glad to see a good HoS on. The best HoS's are ones who don't play a kind of supercop, rather those who see their job as improving the rest of the crews experience during the round, keeping security in check and making sure brig timers and summary executions are reasonable and non existant, in that order.

I've been playing off and on since the dying days of donut which definitely isn't as long as a lot of other people- I remember starting and being intimidated by the millions of unspoken rules, the reparteé the crew shared and the fact that everyone seemed to know eachother, so I stopped playing for a while (this is when TURDs ruled space and everyone was begat by gats) I came back after stumbling back onto the thread in PGS and reading all the cool secret shit I had no idea existed, thinking the game was more of a laggy deathmatch/industrial accident simulator, but coming back I resolved to learn the things that used to intimidate me like science and botany and engineering. Now I can set an engine up in 2 minutes, make huge bombs or arcane alchemical formulae, and it's time for a new challenge. I'll admit to being pretty bad at robusting, but I blame that on my slightly higher lag, being in the UK as as far as I can tell it's not something that I'm doing wrong.

If accepted, I'd be the kind of HoS that only cracks open the armory if there's an invasion or some other crisis, who only overrules the captain when there's a valid security reason to or he is incapacitated or worthless and who doesn't abuse his position to make games shitty for the crew.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
Well here's where my application might fall down I suppose. I've been playing a lot more security in the past 2 or 3 months, and I've enjoyed it. Prior to that I played a lot of head roles and had been traitor a fair few times so I understood the need for security to not be powertripping assholes and if you see me as security, most likely I've my baton on my belt, my taser in my backpack, and a cigarette clasped between my lazy lips. Like all roles on the station, you are supposed to help the station run, it isn't your enemy. If an electrician breaks in to scan tasers or something he will recieve a swift stun and eviction from the brig, rather than a 5 minute brig sentence and a beating.

I've seen a lot of really shitty security which is what put me off the job. I was never one to yell "SHIT SEC" apart from ironically (oh, how we laughed (we didn't)), but I wasn't beyond breaking in to the brig to let out someone who is receiving an inordinately long sentence or pushing down a security officer and shoving him in disposals if he was harassing the crew. Really, it's this attitude I hope to bring to the HoS. Most crimes on the station are either bored people looking for something fun to do or just generally being mischievous and no one wants a fascist clampdown on fun from a HoS they want a guy who can shoot syndies and stops sec from murdering them. As I said earlier though, I only started playing security pretty recently, compared to other roles so I fully appreciate that those judging my application may not have enough experience of my playing those roles to trust me with Dat Beret.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): I miss Genpop, as it was a good solution for petty criminals and was a reason for security to hang around the brig, whether it is to stop uprisings or shankings or just to make sure everyone doesn't run out when you stick a new guy in. Otherwise, i like it. I think the proposed changes in cogsmap are spot on and exactly what security needs.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):I loved the first one, watched it over and over as a kid. Second was okay. Didn't see the rest but maybe they were better or probably worse. I'm down with Shrek.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I don't remember ever having been job banned for anything but I've been shouted at for making mistakes as the AI etc, but I can still play AI so I guess there's no ban. So apart from a couple of admonishing admins, I've never been banned.

Thanks for your consideration, I totally get it if the answer's no though, it's fine.
I haven't seen you play sec a lot (and as you say you've only been sec recently), but you seems like a non-shifty player. Play sec a bit more, and I'll vouch for you.
I've seen you play Security a handful of times and you seem to be fine with everything, even though your username is awful you could probably handle the beret.
I realize I've only been online for a handful of rounds since I put in my application- University has started up again and I've been busy with lectures and parties and such- haven't been able to find the time. I'll be on more after today.
I don't recall you at all dude, but that might be because I don't go on G4. Generally though, people with edgy communist names are annoying. Come up with a name people can actually remember because tons of people use those names, yo.
Dont go on g3 i mean
Yeah, I only play on G3. I don't roleplay an edgy communist, I just use their names, yo.
I have seen you recently and you seem to be okay. I don't think I've seen you on security though. I can't really recall anything about you since you use different names, but I feel like I've seen someone as Che. You wouldn't happen to be Broseph Stalin, would you? I think that if you chose one name and stuck to it, then more people would be able to give better input on you. I don't think I know enough to go either way.
I do stick to one name! I was Hugo Chavez until one guy like sought me out in game so I changed it to Che Guevara, which I've had for upwards of 3 months. This isn't where I was expecting the application to be challenged, haha. I've just not been on much in the last 2 weeks like I said, so you won't have seen me around recently and I won't be fresh in your memory. I don't grief much so I guess people tend not to notice me.
You seem like a pretty chill sec dude, a yes from me.
I've been a lot more active in the last week or so, had some great rounds on security- I've been paying more attention to heads of security and what they get up to in a round and still think I'd be a good fit for the position. I managed to take down 3 of 5 syndicates alone in a recent round, getting one in the station, taking his gear to fly our and kill another, pushing one off the z level after stunning him, then running back to the station just in time to cap a plainclothes one with a stolen revolver. Not that I'm claiming that I'm super robust or that I did all this without help, but I'd like to amend my statement of "not being very robust" to "I am quite robust". I've been getting more physically involved than I used to and it isn't as hard as I had thought! detonated a few flashbangs in my hand though of course, but we live and learn. Supposedly.
I think I'm going to have to revise what my previous comment said which I think sounded apathetic to him becoming an HoS and make it a "Yes". I've played with him on sec and seen him there as Che recently and I gotta say he does pretty damn well. I think my previous misgivings were because I hadn't paid too much attention to him, but from how I've seen him play as Che, I think he should be an HoS.