Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Nuke (It'll be around forever, eh eh eh)
Also, could the syndie's radio channel color be changed?

It used to be black, but that had the problem of blending in with non-spoken text. Last time I checked, it was changed to be the same shade of default radio green. I almost feel that this is worse than black, because if you've set your radio to listen into the main radio channel the colors can be confusing. I'd suggest changing the syndicate channel to red or orange.
Mageziya Wrote:Also, could the syndie's radio channel color be changed?

It used to be black, but that had the problem of blending in with non-spoken text. Last time I checked, it was changed to be the same shade of default radio green. I almost feel that this is worse than black, because if you've set your radio to listen into the main radio channel the colors can be confusing. I'd suggest changing the syndicate channel to red or orange.
Red is shared by security, so that's out. Orange might work, though, I don't think that's being used for anything in particular.
While red is used by security, how often does a syndicate set their radio to listen in on the sec channel? The answer is almost never.

A shade of light orange is used for the engineering channel, but a nuke op is less likely to tap into that channel than they are to try and tap into the security channel.
Unanchoring the nuke while the timer is going off reducing the countdown on it is a bad idea. it encourages the nuke ops to just set up the nuke, unachor it, and win in less time. it turns the already damn small window that the crew has to stop the nuke into a completely impossible one.
Oh, random idea. What if the nuke's timer was tied to the starting telecrystals for the syndicate?

Strike team picks a short timer, they get less crystals. They pick a longer timer, they get more.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Mageziya Wrote:Also, could the syndie's radio channel color be changed?

Red is shared by security, so that's out. Orange might work, though, I don't think that's being used for anything in particular.

If it didn't totally mess up colorblind people you could combine two colors, one color that works as a background and one that works as the foreground.

Here's a crappy mockup. White text on a red background, as opposed to red text on a white background.

http://imgur.com/6aUJiht
We could give it a different font in addition to just color.
The syndies should really start with an adequate number of sunglasses on the shuttle. Why is there only one pair?
Noah Buttes Wrote:The syndies should really start with an adequate number of sunglasses on the shuttle. Why is there only one pair?

syndicate supplies in general need to be increased. the lack of healing items available for one is rather distressing. putting more stuff on the syndie shuttle and available for telecrystals would make surviving as a nuke ops team vs large groups easier. in trade you could increase the time the nuke has to explode, thus giving the station time to fight back against these more well prepared nuke ups.
If a syndicate has the deaf trait, their auditory headset should start out tuned to the Syndicate radio, not to the station radio. I accidentally fucked up a round due to this earlier.
I think these things have been suggested before in this thread, but I wanna' say that the only things I'd change about New Ops is:

- Longer timer after unscrewing the nuke.
- End the round if the nuke explodes off-station.
- Put the nuclear bomb on the observe list.

That's it! Other than that Nuke Ops has never been a better mode than it is now.
Gannets Wrote:- End the round if the nuke explodes off-station.
I remember this round.
Speaking of that, I was the one who stole a syndieputt and got the nuke off station that round, if we're thinking of the same thing. The round with an AFK op out in the asteroid field and the chaos dunk.

Something else minor also happened to me there. Apparently syndieputts are resilient enough to have a nuke explode inside of them and only drop down to about 60 health.
Xavieri Wrote:Speaking of that, I was the one who stole a syndieputt and got the nuke off station that round, if we're thinking of the same thing. The round with an AFK op out in the asteroid field and the chaos dunk.

Something else minor also happened to me there. Apparently syndieputts are resilient enough to have a nuke explode inside of them and only drop down to about 60 health.
I'm not the only one to remember.
What are the current rules for a crew victory? The wiki suggests

Quote:Get someone with screwdriver to loosen the bomb's floor bolts, which will trigger a motion alert and drop the countdown to 60 seconds. Move the nuke off the main z-level or destroy it (e.g. with the crusher) as soon as possible to avert certain death.

However, in at least one round, the nuke was launched out of the chapel's mass driver onto another Z-level and it still went off for a Syndicate win.