Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Nuke (It'll be around forever, eh eh eh)
Yeah, those synds mentioned earlier lost due to a lack of planning. That's totally part of the game and I won't be fixing it. Lock your pods, dummies!
Also I have no intention of making the nuke disk do anything, sorry bruds/sisses.
Marquesas Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:If the bomb is destroyed, make it leave a plutonium core behind so that an agent can still complete his mission via chaos dunk.

I think you've set a new low for your ideas man.

Oh come on, a nuke legitimately makes sense to have a plutonium core in, because it's a NUKE crossarms
How do we not know it's a uranium core?

Also, the crew would be far more likely to actually use the core than the Nuke Ops.
Mageziya Wrote:How do we not know it's a uranium core?

Also, the crew would be far more likely to actually use the core than the Nuke Ops.

If it was a uranium core, the bomb would be the size of an entire large pod and thus unmoveable by 5 guys.
Clearly it uses a grifium core.
on the subject of ACTUAL suggestions. you may want to consider limiting the nuke location from certain areas. having the nuke placed in security for example gives the ops an insane advantage as the entire crew has to attack them with basically no weapons if they get their early enough.
On a side note, today I had a round as captain and I started with the nuke disc.

The disc is back.
Dr_Bee Wrote:on the subject of ACTUAL suggestions. you may want to consider limiting the nuke location from certain areas. having the nuke placed in security for example gives the ops an insane advantage as the entire crew has to attack them with basically no weapons if they get their early enough.

I disagree entirely. Starting in sec is only a temporary advantage at BEST.

The QM will usually liqudate the entire station budget to buy a metric assload of experimental weapons and phasers well before there is a report of nukeops, or any real reason given whatsoever. Similarly all it takes is a grubby mechanic to get his filthy lowlife non-head fingers on the captain's or HoS's energy gun for every greysuit, miscreant, and potential traitor to have a backpack full of lethal guns. If we don't have either, you can always count on bloodthirsty chemists to gleefully unload every secret chem they can onto a confirmed traitor. If all three are down, I'm unaware of a hard counter to a good ol' fashioned plasma bombing.

No limits on starting locations helps to make for more enjoyable NukeOps, as every possible location has possible challenges and opportunities for particular departments to shine.
I'm pretty sure the limits are put in place to stop people from just setting up in belt hell.
The main thing I considered when choosing areas was that the areas were not immediately open to space, so they couldn't just waltz right on in and set up at like 2 minutes in. There's got to be some risk of being noticed!
ISaidNo Wrote:The main thing I considered when choosing areas was that the areas were not immediately open to space, so they couldn't just waltz right on in and set up at like 2 minutes in. There's got to be some risk of being noticed!
setting up the nuke on a solar substation sounds like a great idea IMO
Having played a round of this as a nuclear operative, I feel like it has vastly approved as a game mode. It's not something just one person can do on their own anymore, and the nuke ops immediately fell into teamwork mode as soon as they started gearing up. Everyone naturally snapped up roles (i was responsible for watching the nuke while the area was prepared, someone else was responsible for opening doors/walls to reach the location quickly and from a difficult-for-crew angle, another snatched an RCD in the chaos to fortify, another was destroying the station's pods and distracting with a shotty pod) and even when half the team was being murdered by the tidal wave of greyshirts, detectives, security officers, the captain and more, it seemed like a real battle and not an utter curbstomp for either side.

It's an actual teamwork style round now. It was a refreshing thing to play. It was exciting. And it benefited immensely from the rework.
robertmanbob Wrote:
ISaidNo Wrote:The main thing I considered when choosing areas was that the areas were not immediately open to space, so they couldn't just waltz right on in and set up at like 2 minutes in. There's got to be some risk of being noticed!
setting up the nuke on a solar substation sounds like a great idea IMO
That'd be a bad idea because there'd be no real risk of getting discovered unless somebody did something really dumb or random chance happens.
Not to mention that a lot of people don't have space suit access, so there'd be prep time, and the departments that do have space suit access don't usually have weapon access. Also, even if you DID get people together with space suits and weapons quickly, any syndie team who had to put the nuke in space would probably bring an armed pod, so there's another extra crew obstacle.

So pretty much that'd significantly shorten the round time and make it a one-sided match. Not much fun really.
Throwing in this idea cause there was a round just now where all the syndies pods disappeared and they could not get the nuke to the station without a admin spawning a new pod for them or teleporting the nuke onto the station's Z-level for them to pick up ( I don't remember what way the admin helped them out). But have it where the syndies can drag the nuke onto the tele-pad and teleport it onto the syndie station on the station's z-level so incase this happens again or some dummy blows up all the pods they still have a way to get it to the station. Teleport the nuke to the syndie station on the station's z level, Leave it there and hi jack a normal pod, fly back and put it in said pod
Oh and let us observe the nuke as ghost.