Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The New Nuke (It'll be around forever, eh eh eh)
The majority of my knowledge about this comes from the wiki so I don't know if there's already something that prevents this. Is there anything stopping the syndicates from intentionally setting of the motion sensor in order to cheese the 5 minute counter?
Bologna Prime Wrote:of
frown
bring back the captain's disk and have it give some kind of bonus for having it put in the nuke
babayetu83 Wrote:bring back the captain's disk and have it give some kind of bonus for having it put in the nuke

I could see that. Have it like 2/3rds of the time lengthen the timer by a random amount and most the rest of the time either do nothing or shorten the timer. Rarely it could even stop the timer or cause immediate detonation.
It would be nice if the disk would be useful to both the crew and syndicates. Like, having the disk could either slow down or speed up the timer.

Syndies could send a stealth team in advance to secure the disk before deploying.
the disk should be able to disarm the nuke if the crew puts it in
babayetu83 Wrote:bring back the captain's disk and have it give some kind of bonus for having it put in the nuke

keep it out of the captain's pocket forever 2015 and henceforth
If the bomb is destroyed, make it leave a plutonium core behind so that an agent can still complete his mission via chaos dunk.
Berrik Wrote:If the bomb is destroyed, make it leave a plutonium core behind so that an agent can still complete his mission via chaos dunk.

I think you've set a new low for your ideas man.
Marquesas Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:If the bomb is destroyed, make it leave a plutonium core behind so that an agent can still complete his mission via chaos dunk.

I think you've set a new low for your ideas man.

I actually like it.
As AI last round, I stole the pod containing the nuke and flew off with it. That should probably be more difficult than it was. Maybe have the syndicate pods start out with locks?
Grek Wrote:As AI last round, I stole the pod containing the nuke and flew off with it. That should probably be more difficult than it was. Maybe have the syndicate pods start out with locks?
they do
I mean, with locks installed and a code preset. Put the pod access code in the syndicate's Notes tab.
Grek Wrote:As AI last round, I stole the pod containing the nuke and flew off with it. That should probably be more difficult than it was. Maybe have the syndicate pods start out with locks?
Grek Wrote:I mean, with locks installed and a code preset. Put the pod access code in the syndicate's Notes tab.

Naw.
That's just pure dumb on the behalf of the syndicates you faced. They SHOULD'VE set a pod lock on their pod. But they didn't, and thus, payed the price. Something insignificant fucked up their round, but it's the small things that sway the power in the good guys favor. This is the way it's always been and should remain.

I suppose i'm a sucker for the old nuke mode although i'm really happy it was changed to the current set-up. I've always like the aspect of protecting an object and the captain having some importance. I say bring back the nuke disk but completely re-purpose it. Here's what I suggest:

Nuke disk no longer respawns if you go off z-level.
Nuke disk is helpful or harmful depending on the person who wields it. Inserting the nuke disk can do something along the following:
-Weaken or boost the nukes health
-Shorten or lengthen the nuke time.

This is darn right hilarious.