Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wonkmen LLJK:4 1:30 PM EST
So Wonkmin blew up cause I called the shuttle as a traitor and called the people at telesci dumb for wanting it recalled so they could spend all day treasure hunting. Just going to quote some of the things he said and explain why I feel some of them things he said are wrong.

Quote:Wonkmin Announces:
  this is wonk chipping in with a hearty fuck you to these idiots: Bob Ludwig [145.9] says, "We are not having a 70+ min round fuck you people" OOC: A nubcake: fuck those telesci nerds OOC: Ed Venture: Agreed the telesci people were nerds OOC: A nubcake: telesci is for giant dorks fuck you fuck you

He called us out and rightfully so, I was dumb to say this. But I don't feel wrong in my actions

Quote:OOC: Wonkmin: WE DO NOT END ROUNDS DEPENDING ON THEIR LENGTH, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A MENTOR
He is also right, but I did not call the shuttle just because the round was getting to the 60 min mark. I called the shuttle based on these factors.

1.Most of the heads were dead, except the HOP from what I could tell.

2. People were bombing the station for a good while

3. Someone kept sabotaging the Coms array

4. because of said factors and because the round was dragging on for fear of when people wanted the shuttle called we could not

5. I was a traitor so I did cause I could, Making some of the telesci nerds mad was the icing on the cake

Quote:OOC: Wonkmin: regardless of whether you're a traitor or not that's balls out dumbery

I feel like his little rant was unbecoming because he did not know all the factors to my reasoning for calling it and I am only filing this complaint because if you are going to publicly shame people then at-least know the whole story.

Just saying when I call the shuttle I tend to ask others if they want it called before doing it. But since I was a traitor I really did not care shrug
Again I was a traitor, You should know by now that traitors are not nice.

Quote:I feel like his little rant was unbecoming because he did not know all the factors to my reasoning for calling it and I am only filing this complaint because if you are going to publicly shame people then at-least know the whole story.

This is why I posted this complaint. I agree with your opinion on the matter but the point seems null and void since I was a traitor and had more then one reason to call the shuttle.

Quote:I didn't know the factors but the major and only issue for me with the shuttle was the justification that it was time, and as a long term player you know that's rubbish as hell.

Again the time limit was the only reason to why I called the shuttle please stop ignoring the other factors that justified the shuttle being called
Quote:Again the time limit was NOT the only reason to why I called the shuttle please stop ignoring the other factors that justified the shuttle being called

Oops my bad
Wonkmin Wrote:What is it you want to come from this complaint?

I mean ultimately what the problem here is poor justification being used when there were clearly some really good reasons to call it. That's why I reacted as I did. Had you used ANY of these other reasons it'd have been a wry grin and a "oh, that dastardly traitor!"

The only thing that was a poor justification was calling it because of the time limit. Again I had other reasons to why the shuttle was called and if you are going to tell me that having most of the heads dead, having the coms array sabotaged more then once and having people bomb the shuttle is a poor reason to call the shuttle, then I don't know what a good reason is.

Point is I feel you were wrong is ranting about something you did not have the all facts to.
Ed Venture Wrote:and having people bomb the shuttle is a poor reason to call the station, then I don't know what a good reason is.

I am sorry for these typos
Ed Venture Wrote:and having people bomb the stationis a poor reason to call shuttle the, then I don't know what a good reason is.

Banging head against the wall
Also the round started so in OOC I could not list these reason as I ran out of time.
I feel as if we've come to a understanding. My main issue was that you went off with not having all the facts and not asking for them and saying things like "You should know better" when I clearly do. The thread can be locked if you wish unless other admins want to weigh in their opinion.
Quote:I feel like his little rant was unbecoming because he did not know all the factors to my reasoning for calling it and I am only filing this complaint because if you are going to publicly shame people then at-least know the whole story.

Again this is the reason why I filed the complaint. You pretty much called Nubcake and I shit over something you did not have the facts to. I've stated that quote a couple times saying that was the reason why I posted in the first place
Wonkmin Wrote:But calling the shuttle at 65 minutes is shit so there's nothing wrong with saying that.
Agreed
[quote="Wonkmin"]I could have dug a little deeper, I'll accept that.[quote]
Thank you.
You know, if people call you out on calling the shuttle and you give a borderline meta reasoning over the radio, you will get called out on it. You're the one that got whipped for it because this is a trend among the playerbase and this was the last drop (I guess we didn't expect mentors to be on this job). I don't think any admin is expected to be endlessly patient.
I am on a roll with these typos and for that I apologize.
Marquesas Wrote:You know, if people call you out on calling the shuttle and you give a borderline meta reasoning over the radio, you will get called out on it. You're the one that got whipped for it because this is a trend among the playerbase and this was the last drop (I guess we didn't expect mentors to be on this job). I don't think any admin is expected to be endlessly patient.

I understand that and like I said what I said was pretty stupid for saying that. I only said that cause the telesci people were screaming for anyone death if they were near a com consoles and so I wanted to rile them up cause I was a traitor and I am a big meanie when I am a antag. I've stated why I had a issue with the whole thing and better wording on both sides would not have made this so bad in my opinion.
Hi i said a mean thing about telesci in ooc at the end of the round,that was mainly to rile them though as they were being scoundrels during the round.
I was here for this and also trying to get the shuttle called simply because the round was dragging the fuck on (among other things).

Is this a new rule you guys are trying to push? Last I checked it was A-OK to call the shuttle if the round is getting stale at the 50-60 minute mark. In fact, I've seen it done a million times with the very same justification and nobody was yelled at.