Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Heiraphont EU4 11:17PM 5/23/2015 EST
Admin name: Heiraphont
Server: EU4
Date/Time: 11:17PM 5/23/2015 EST
Synopsis: I was banned by Heiraphont for killing a monkey player on EU4. I was the captain, the monkey was a monkey, and I was trying to build some walls. One thing lead to another and the monkey got lasered because I was super annoyed by it. Heiraphont asked me why I shot the monkey and I gave a brief response as to why I felt justified in doing so. Heiraphont then told me I was wrong to do that and promptly day banned me. I was not given a chance to tell him the whole story as to what happened. If you guys want to know what went down between me and the monkey I can post it, but this isn't a ban appeal. Heiraphont didn't let me finish telling my side of the story and I feel was too hasty in banning me, assuming I immediately resorted to using lethal force against the monkey instead of trying to find out exactly happened.
Log: I have no logs
Extra Information: Heiraphont was the one that suggested I post a complaint if I felt my ban was unfair.
Preface: I did not know the player was a monkey. But since people can start as test subjects now, not sure I accept it as an excuse, anymore.

For my side of it:

He claimed the monkey had attacked him. The monkey did not, it simply attempted several times to take some metal out of his hand. He claims to have fired several warning shots at the monkey without knowing the gun was set to 'laser' - something I feel he would have realized after the first shot. I don't think he should have been firing at the other person to begin with, since removing metal from someone's hand is easier to handle by 'scooting slightly to the left' than 'lasering their fucking face'.
I said that I didn't realize the first shot would be lethal, I kept it on lethal after that though. As for scooting to the left, I scooted to the left, right, up, down, and turnways but the monkey kept repeating "X is trying to remove something from Death Man!" each time I moved or pushed it away, this must have happened two dozen times before I reached for my gun. Also, from my end I have no idea what the monkey is trying to take. For all I know it could have been taking my gun, or my ID, or my jumpsuit which would leave my gun and ID on the floor for it to grab. After I shot the monkey once and thought it'd leave me alone it began grabbing me and smashing me into things, so that's when I shot it a single more time. The monkey continued trying to grab me and smash me into things even after all that. If it actually got a good grab on me it could have thrown me and stunned me, allowing it to take my energy gun.
So the events are:

1. Player tries to take something (metal sheet) out of your hand.
2. You respond by firing a warning shot, which is set to laser.
3. Player continues to try taking object from you.
4. You, now aware that your weapon is set to laser, persist.
5. Player now defends against your lethal attack.
6. You escalate further by killing player for defending against your attack and annoying your (your words).

At no point did you set your weapon back to stun, use a flash, a stun baton, or any other method to take this person down. You took a petty annoyance to a lethal level, and I banned you for a day. Here is a tip: if you are unsure of when you should be killing someone, don't.
This sounds more like a ban appeal than a legitimate complaint to be honest and it was also only a day ban.
The point is I wish you'd listen to me explain my side of the story about what happened before banning me. It was bad that I killed the monkey but the list of events you are describing didn't happen the way you are describing them.