Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being revived as ling by headspider doubles ability icons.
Stumbled across this today after playing ling for the first time after its UI update.

Steps to recreate:
1: Be a changeling, and die while being able to spawn a headspider.
2: Have the headspider actually headspider someone.
3: Celebrate at your second chance as you become the headspider victim.
4: Gawk at your already problematic UI being even weirder.

The problem itself:
Your changeling tab now has two of each icon. You also have two separate "Bodies Absorbed" and "DNA absorbed" counters, and the status tab has two "DNA absorbed" counters. The bodies absorbed count is also different for each counter tab, as when this happened to me one said I had eaten 0 people, while the other said I had eaten 6 people, which I actually had done before dieing.

Basically, from what I can tell, becoming changeling gives you a new set of, well, everything, but also keeps the old set of changeling commands.

Also, while on the subject, the changeling commands desperately need icons. Part of the reason I died was a combination of panic and trying to figure out which command was which.
I'll take a look when I stop being hungover.

Mageziya Wrote:Also, while on the subject, the changeling commands desperately need icons. Part of the reason I died was a combination of panic and trying to figure out which command was which.

While on the subject, we desperately need spriters. :v
Marquesas Wrote:I'll take a look when I stop being hungover.

Mageziya Wrote:Also, while on the subject, the changeling commands desperately need icons. Part of the reason I died was a combination of panic and trying to figure out which command was which.

Can you post the frame that is used around the icon? Also, if there was a place to list needed sprites that'd be ideal because it's a little hard trying to read an admins mind of what kinda of sprites they need.
In my experience, hanging around irc and saying "hey i sprite things" is a good way to get admins to tell you to sprite things.
69andahalf Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:I'll take a look when I stop being hungover.

Can you post the frame that is used around the icon? Also, if there was a place to list needed sprites that'd be ideal because it's a little hard trying to read an admins mind of what kinda of sprites they need.

That's the critter frame, I just used it as a placeholder.
Ask and ye will receive. I am in the progress of completing these. I'm about 50% done. I know I shouldn't be posting it here on bug reports but i'll post the complete set elsewhere. Here's a flavor:
Acid spit
[Image: yrDo4nZ.png][Image: Lva0HN5.png]
DNA sting
[Image: KR5E4MK.png][Image: I5qhMjI.png]
Lesser form
[Image: lm1637w.png][Image: H5oDAjW.png]
LSD sting
[Image: noYzUsg.png][Image: oRhdvEj.png]
Neurotoxin sting
[Image: gO4FFkB.png][Image: lAUUP5E.png]
Speed Heal
[Image: yMP310w.png][Image: T406TDS.png]
Change identity/Transform
[Image: ezPX9hg.png][Image: fhFAgIg.png]
Those sprites look nifty so far.
Dunno about speed heal, it's kinda pale and hard to make out any detail.
Might be a good one to bump this again, this is still happening.