Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monkey Translator Implant
Same thing as a machine translator, but for monkeys.
Yes please. Ever since monkey hearing was fixed playing one has been a complete bore.
Walrus Wrote:Yes please. Ever since monkey hearing was fixed playing one has been a complete bore.

Yeah I agree it was better when monkeys could understand humans but not speak with them.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Walrus Wrote:Yes please. Ever since monkey hearing was fixed playing one has been a complete bore.

Yeah I agree it was better when monkeys could understand humans but not speak with them.

I agree with this. Monkey life has been made a little dull by not being able to understand humans.
Ah. I didn't know their hearing got changed. That would explain why the poor monkey I mindslaved was so upset when I told him to be free. I imagine that was a little worrisome on his part.

Really though, I just wish they would bring back the ability for monkeys to understand humanspeak again. As for monkeyspeak, If there was some sort of translator that could allow monkeys to speak, I'd say have it for all peoples (the drunk, the high, the mutants, the monkeys, etc) except let it work about as well as google translate.

Dante Alighieri Wrote:Nessun maggior dolore
Che ricordarsi del tempo felice
Nella miseria.

Google Translate Wrote:No more pain,
Who remember the happy time.
In misery.
have all other species(martians, lizardmen etc.) speak in a different language too. and just make it a universal translator implant.

OR maybe have a babel fish you can insert into your ears. Essentially working as a head implant

salix_catus Wrote:have all other species(martians, lizardmen etc.) speak in a different language too. and just make it a universal translator implant.

OR maybe have a babel fish you can insert into your ears. Essentially working as a head implant

When are we going to add races?
medsal15 Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:have all other species(martians, lizardmen etc.) speak in a different language too. and just make it a universal translator implant.

When are we going to add races?

We've got Martians, Monkeys, and Wendigo. Not USUALLY, of course. But sometimes.
How about a little handheld translator that you can flip on and stick in your pocket? It'll just translate everything it hears and spit it back out, like a butt bot.
That's a pretty interesting idea on how to make monkey human relations stronger.
martians also need a translator thingy
Another good suggestion to go with this is a interpretor gimmick role that can understand monkey and martian language.

Maybe just someone with assistant level access but with a unique translator implant.
pda voice synth translator
How about an expensive pda cart that has a voice synthesizer and easy-to-use ui features for monkeys, that also is sometimes found around as space loot?

You type words into the program (it has a max char limit and is sanitized to only process normal english chars and punctuation), it processes for a few seconds (or however long the process scheduler wants to delay it), and the text gets translated into speech and spoken from the pda like medbot speech?
Whoops. Also maybe it keeps a log of all things said around it in space common?