Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paranoia 2: Die Easier
A few of us in IRC decided to play Paranoia again. Anyone's welcome to sign up, though places are limited to five at first. If five is easy to deal with I might allow more, but I don't have much experience GMing and don't want to overcomplicate things too soon! There are currently four people signed up, so unless somebody drops out there's only one spot for tomorrow's game.

What is it?
A pen and paper RPG played using a computer client called JParanoia. It is set in a dystopian future city which is controlled by an artificial intelligence called 'The Computer', where information and access is restricted by color-coded security clearance. Players are Troubleshooters, enforcers of The Computer's authority who find trouble and shoot it. They may also possess mutations or be members of secret societies that provide additional objectives, often harmful or fatal to their fellow players. Both of these constitute treason, and as such are punishable by death if discovered. Death is common, but fortunately each player has a stock of clones which replace them a short time after they die.

What are the rules?
Knowledge of the rules is treason. Treason is punishable by death.

When is it?
The first game will start at 7pm GMT on 23/05, ~19 hours from this post.
Now starting at 8pm. Also it's GMT+1 because of daylight savings time.

How do I sign up?
PM me the following on this forum:

Character name:
This is of the form Word-R-LET, where Word can be any word, R is a letter signifying your rank and starting at R, and LET is any three capitalised letters, representing your sector of origin.

Skills:
You have 40 points to distribute between six skills, with a maximum of 20 in each skill:
Management
Stealth
Violence
Hardware
Software
Wetware (Biology/Surgery/Genetics etc)

You can also pick one specific and relatively trivial task to be unusually skilled at, such as juggling, paperwork or balancing on one leg. The player that picks the most interesting trivial skill will receive one perversity point, which can be used to guarantee a successful outcome for an action once.

Everything else will be random-ish-ly generated for you.

We'll be using JParanoia to play, which you can download here. You should also give the player section of this pdf a read, but remember that reading the GM section constitutes treason and is punishable by immediate termination.
I'm In. I just sent you my character sheet

If i can't show up tomorrow for some reason just give my character to someone and rename it. i am pretty sure i have an intresting one
pizzatiger Wrote:I'm In. I just sent you my character sheet

If i can't show up tomorrow for some reason just give my character to someone and rename it. i am pretty sure i have an intresting one
The PDF you linked me didn't work, I'll be about tomorrow though so we can sort it then.

Three characters have been made, hooray!
I am...able to join in...?
Jack354yo Wrote:I am...able to join in...?
Sorry, we're full this time. If there's space in future you'll be welcome to!

We're starting now, IP is 82.23.39.14 if anyone wants to spectate.
Well that was a thing. Log: http://www.filedropper.com/game1log
The second session was significantly bloodier and more chaotic: http://www.filedropper.com/game2log
How did you guy's think we did and how can we approve with our roleplaying/ IM can approve with his Gming
Is it possible to join this late? If so, are there any spots open?
Oh man, can't believe I missed this. I've been running Paranoia for a few friends recently and it's been a blast (after having run an online version once before), would love to be a Troubleshooter for once.

Pro tip for IRL games: the SS13 VOX works great for important Friend Computer announcements
Yo Monkey, Are we going to play a Mission today?
Stryxic Wrote:Is it possible to join this late? If so, are there any spots open?
If you are interested in joining come hang out in the #ss13paranoia channel on synirc, if there are enough people online at any time I might just start a game up.
This happened on the IRC channel and it is gloriious. This is how Paranoia should be played, not the way we did it with all that disgusting teamwork

http://pastebin.com/GLHwQKD4