Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Not Over Yet: Escape Shuttle Transit Period
What if the escape pods crash through the windows at high speed?
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:There should be a way to lengthen the transit time through some manner of sabotage. It shouldn't be easy but pulling it off would give traitors with the objective of escaping alone more time to clear the shuttle out.
Maybe bombing the shuttle engine/thrusters? causes slower backups to kick in. should only give a small delay.
salix_catus Wrote:
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:There should be a way to lengthen the transit time through some manner of sabotage. It shouldn't be easy but pulling it off would give traitors with the objective of escaping alone more time to clear the shuttle out.
Maybe bombing the shuttle engine/thrusters? causes slower backups to kick in. should only give a small delay.
Each truster destroyed could give 5 more seconds.
Dabir Wrote:What if the escape pods crash through the windows at high speed?
I think having them have a place to dock into the escape shuttle is a more realistic option tbh
OK, have the docking places. But have them crash through the windows anyway.
This is tangibally related to the escape shuttle. But what if while this escape shuttle was in travel, some traitor's could have an objective to ensure the crew never reaches centcom.

Meaning they blow the escape shuttles engines up, and instead of reaching centcom either everybody dies or they crash land somewhere else.

Instead of being the only person alive, you could go for bombing the escape shuttle midflight to prevent the shuttle from reaching centcom entirely, prompting a shuttle crash animation and maybe a slightly different zlevel map.
atomic1fire Wrote:This is tangibally related to the escape shuttle. But what if while this escape shuttle was in travel, some traitor's could have an objective to ensure the crew never reaches centcom.

Meaning they blow the escape shuttles engines up, and instead of reaching centcom either everybody dies or they crash land somewhere else.

Instead of being the only person alive, you could go for bombing the escape shuttle midflight to prevent the shuttle from reaching centcom entirely, prompting a shuttle crash animation and maybe a slightly different zlevel map.
Maybe activating a power drain on the shuttle mid flight? That way it would be balanced and really obvious.
*power sink i meant. It makes sense. It would take a short bit to kick in, so it'd give people a chance to stop it.
Holy cow this thread took off over the weekend.

Anyways, yea! I should have suggested a reworked/enlarged shuttle as well. It's already dangerous enough without a Transit Period, so maybe an extra section or two could limit everyone's ability to murder the entire shuttle. Jumping off of the expensive VIP room, what if there was some sort of 'Officer's Lounge' exclusive to higher ups on the station or crewmen with enough cash? Maybe outfit it with swanky chairs, a bottle of cognac, real First Class Seating stuff. As for Escape Pods and whatnot.... I kinda like it. Would definitely add a dramatic flair to the journey back to Centcomm. At the very least it would be funny to see a Changeling gib after beefing the jump to the main shuttle.
Dabir Wrote:What if the escape pods crash through the windows at high speed?

i think it'd be neat if the escape pods could do a number of things during transit to compliment what they already do

a low chance of reaching centcom undamaged, pod breaking around you, colliding with the side of the shuttle, peter out in the middle of space, etc
Using a mix of the ancient bits and pieces found in the rev 4407 editor and some editing of the picture itself, I created this cramped atrocity. It lacks a few features because rev is really old but it's an idea.
[Image: FPTU3oN.png]