Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Not Over Yet: Escape Shuttle Transit Period
Dauntasa Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:please pretty pretty please make the escape pods useful. Having them travel through hyperspace to reach centcom would be just as neat. You could always tie in this popular idea (shameless self plug) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1862&hilit=cash+rules
make it so that if you launch an escape pod after the shuttle has left it catches up with the shuttle and you have a brief window to jump from the pod to the shuttle before the pod breaks up

Yes.
Marquesas Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:please pretty pretty please make the escape pods useful. Having them travel through hyperspace to reach centcom would be just as neat. You could always tie in this popular idea (shameless self plug) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1862&hilit=cash+rules
make it so that if you launch an escape pod after the shuttle has left it catches up with the shuttle and you have a brief window to jump from the pod to the shuttle before the pod breaks up

Yes.
How about adding a way for regular pods to get to the hyperspace area as well. You think you're home free, then an artpod comes cruising up your broadside.
Sundance Wrote:I support this idea.
A bigger escape shuttle would be kinda necessary though. I'd much rather the escape shuttle with all the compartments like it has on other servers. Although we should "goon it up" rather than being a carbon copy.

More time after round end, like even 30 seconds more would be also pretty cool.

a VIP room that requires cash to get access to so rich people can hide away from the rest of the shuttle fistfights

Also though I realize sound shouldn't travel in space, I'd appreciate a doppler shifted scream as people kicked out of the shuttle get vaporized
So glad that people like the escape pod suggestion. I think that regular pods shouldn't be able to do it unless they tailgate the shuttle's hyperspace portal within a few seconds, or spend a bunch of money on a hyperdrive scanner and drive or something.

The VIP lounge should have its entry price go up with each person coming in.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:The main problem I can see with this is that you'd have no escape from the ubiquitous chemistry "experiments" on the shuttle.

The round wouldn't be over until it's docked at centcom.
Chemistry experiments before the shuttle docks will be met with unpleasantness.

I meant from traitors, not from dumb chemists.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:The main problem I can see with this is that you'd have no escape from the ubiquitous chemistry "experiments" on the shuttle.

I meant from traitors, not from dumb chemists.

We'll invent something if it gets obnoxious.
*places nerf hammer on the table*
Marquesas Wrote:We'll invent something if it gets obnoxious.
*places nerf hammer on the table*

Oh god.
Spy_Guy Wrote:

I just checked around some other stations, and most seem to have their own subset of rules for "Shuttle Griefing"
what about a repsprited crusher that surronds the shuttle? So the pod jumps could be possible/ you can survive being thrown out if you throw something
I think the best way to implemenet falling out of the shuttle and dying horribly is that the shuttle travels via a warp bubble effect, getting punted out is still empty space, but falling outside the bubble at that velocity will turn you into a red smear accross a long distance. Pods and escape pods can warp into the bubble and traitors can still punt people out of the shutte and bubble to their doom.
What other servers do is that being flung out of the shuttle sends you to a random z level. How about this happens but you fly across space at high velocity until you hit something?
I like the warp bubble gig/disintegration idea. I'm not a huge fan of pods catching up and boarding during the transit period except during remarkable circumstances (having been in the shuttle's warp bubble as it left or seconds afterwards, special hard to attain tech, ect).
Erev Wrote:I like the warp bubble gig/disintegration idea. I'm not a huge fan of pods catching up and boarding during the transit period except during remarkable circumstances (having been in the shuttle's warp bubble as it left or seconds afterwards, special hard to attain tech, ect).

Pretty much my stance on the matter too. If it is too easy for pods to catch up, you'll see a bunch of shitlords trying to blow the shuttle up with artillery pods way too often.
There should be a way to lengthen the transit time through some manner of sabotage. It shouldn't be easy but pulling it off would give traitors with the objective of escaping alone more time to clear the shuttle out.
Anticheese Wrote:
Erev Wrote:I like the warp bubble gig/disintegration idea. I'm not a huge fan of pods catching up and boarding during the transit period except during remarkable circumstances (having been in the shuttle's warp bubble as it left or seconds afterwards, special hard to attain tech, ect).

Pretty much my stance on the matter too. If it is too easy for pods to catch up, you'll see a bunch of shitlords trying to blow the shuttle up with artillery pods way too often.
I'm pretty sure the idea was the escape pods next to the escape shuttle catching up. Not the regular kind.