Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forklift Improvements
Hi yes hello, this probably shouldn't be my first post here but w/e
Here are my ideas on how the forklift could be improved.

Making the forklift useful
As it stands, the forklift is slower than a healthy human and exactly as efficient, capable of only carrying one crate.

Proposed Change
Simply let the forklift carry two crates. While single crates have infinite capacity as far as I'm aware, having multiple crates can be good for organizational purposes if you're a weirdo like me

Obtaining forklifts
This may be (and most likely is) already planned, but I'm going to put my dumb opinions out anyways.

Proposed Change
1. Being a big dumb mechanics nerd, my absolute first suggestion is to allow mechanics to scan forklifts
or
2. Allowing the QM to order forklifts as they can Mulebots
or
just ignore these completely

Locking forklifts
uhhh

Proposed Change
My idea is that forklifts could be locked by swiping an id on them. This would prevent people without the id from using the forklift, but obviously not prevent people from being pushed off of it because that would be really dumb.

And that's all I have.
i think you should be able to impale people with the forklift
I'll add some of those improvements Z3shep, definitely will let it carry more than one crate.
babayetu83 Wrote:i think you should be able to impale people with the forklift
Only with emagging it so the safety locks disable. the emagged version should have some reference to a certain "Klaus Staplerfahrer"
salix_catus Wrote:
Only with emagging it so the safety locks disable. the emagged version should have some reference to a certain "Klaus Staplerfahrer"

why limit it to emagging it. simple let it be hacked or modified without traitor gear, so non-traitors can weaponize it for fun and profit as well.

Imagine a lone quartermaster riding into battle against a team of nuke operatives on a mighty sharpened forklift steed!

I also dislike adding more stuff to be emagged, it is powerful enough already.
Conor please add a siren/horn to it so I can be obnoxious
salix_catus Wrote:

Has anyone attempted to carry Safety Buddy Klaus with the forklift yet?
If it wasn't a huge deal to sprite I think being able to ride the forks around when emagged might be funny.
Dr_Bee Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:

why limit it to emagging it. simple let it be hacked or modified without traitor gear, so non-traitors can weaponize it for fun and profit as well.

Imagine a lone quartermaster riding into battle against a team of nuke operatives on a mighty sharpened forklift steed!

I also dislike adding more stuff to be emagged, it is powerful enough already.

The whole point of emags is to make a harmless thing into a harmful thing. I think emags should be MORE powerful but have a limited number of uses. you can currently run around emagging every single door which is lame, limiting it would make you use it better, and would put and end to this whole "don't add more stuff to the emag" business.
That would be kinda nice, combined with making them slightly cheaper. How many uses per emag do you think would be suitable?
Just leave the forklift slow, but let it run over people like the mulebot does. Since it's slower than a person, if you get run over it's your own fault. To prevent chain hit and runs make it not hit people who are already prone.
Please let borgs and AI shells drive the forklift like they can pods.
Forklifts can carry up to three crates now and mechanics can also scan them, along with a few other tiny improvements.