Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (space) Ship
Some folks were talking about getting together and playing The Ship on IRC and I think that sounds like a fantastic idea, so here's a thread to gauge interest.

What is The Ship?
The full name is The Ship: Murder Party and can be found on Steam. It's Hope u got 10 bux if you don't have it.

It takes place on one of several cruise liners where you and your fellow passengers find yourselves tasked with murdering one another. It's played in rounds, each round everyone is assigned a target to kill and every one has someone assigned to kill them.
On top of that, you have to make your kills in style to get the most cash for them, with each murder weapon having a money reward for killing your target with it. The winner is whoever has the most money at the end of the game.
Plus, you have to be stealthy! If too many people see you doing anything criminal you might end up getting thrown in the brig, where whoever is hunting you is no doubt going to be giving you a hot reception upon release.

(and there's motives, too, good gravy)

In short, it's a game of paranoia, cunning and hilarious violence. Much like SS13 except everyone's a traitor.

When do we play?

Saturday-ish, I'll say, depending on the interest and when people are able to join.

I strongly recommend this game, it is a lot of fun, especially with a bunch of people. If you're interested in playing, post here with times available, etc.
I have it, but it seemed really buggy for me.
The Ship is fantastic and I've not played it since university. I'm game.
I'll also probably be available whenever you decide to play.
i'm up for it, i can play whenever on sunday except past midnight (GMT+3).
Haven't played the ship in ages. I'll try to join in whenever
I've got two free Steam coupons of this to give away to folks who don't want to pay for it.

EDIT: One down.
I am Very Up for this.
Let's do this around 7 pm CET (GMT + 1), is that a good time for folks?
Hey APARTHEID, would you mind throwing me one of those coupons?

Thanks in advance!
Okay, we're starting at 6 pm (GMT+1) now to avoid colliding with the paranoia group, in case folks are interested in both.

We'll be appropriating 217.44.97.254:27060 for this event. It's a European server. The problem is the master server being down, so you'll have to connect by IP.
tjtr Wrote:Hey APARTHEID, would you mind throwing me one of those coupons?

Thanks in advance!

What's your Steam profile? I'll send a trade request.
My name is "The Bananator".
I can't participate in this thing today due to family plans, but I'd love to join another game once I have the time for it!

Oh, and APARTHEID, if it isn't too much trouble to toss me the second coupon, that would be completely and absolutely fantastic.
Whoops I thought I typed this into the original message but I didn't:

My Steam name is Sorcerer Doctor Penguin, M.D.
Thanks for this time all of you who joined. It was a right blast. We'll have to do this again sometime.