Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bee based idea
Vitatroll Wrote:Hating bees is becoming as much of a meme as loving bees. I'm conflicted.

No, screw you guys. I love bees. All cute things actually.

Next you'll be hatin' on funny hats!

I will never hate Hats
Vitatroll Wrote:Next you'll be hatin' on funny hats!

Fairly sure I remember a point in time where people were calling it Team Fortress Station 13, because lots of hats were being added.
Mageziya Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Just the concept of giant bugs attacking the station sounds kinda neat to me.

Isn't that basically what alien mode was?

Yes, but I don't recall the star ship trooper bugs ever bursting out of chests. One ate brains but they never had chest bursters. Also one pooped cannon fire, pretty sure. I'm pretty sure there were some kind of giant spiders too. The entire gist of the original movie was a bunch of soldier recruits going to fight giant bugs on behalf of the federation, but it was basically a satirical combination of an army recruitment poster combined with giant bugs.
babayetu83 Wrote:
ErikHanson Wrote:Sounds like a bee variant of some of the cultist gamemodes on the opensource servers, what do people have with bees and buddies these days.. wtf

bees are the new poo
Vitatroll Wrote:Hating bees is becoming as much of a meme as loving bees. I'm conflicted.

There has to be some way to get the crew to lynch you. There used to be all kinds of ways to piss off the crew but now it's like they're stoned irl and don't give a shit. As janitor I could spray floors and have sec and beepsky chasing me all over the station in 10 minutes. One time an officer got so pissed the admins had to intervene on my behalf (I had take a sec uniform off a braindead player and was trying to use it to hide from sec.) I used to be able to steal shoes off people's feet and get beaten to death by a a barefoot mob. There used to be all kinds of other shit (forcefield artifacts, chainsawing the weed, bad puns, etc) I could do but now no one cares about anything but bees.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:

There has to be some way to get the crew to lynch you. There used to be all kinds of ways to piss off the crew but now it's like they're stoned irl and don't give a shit. As janitor I could spray floors and have sec and beepsky chasing me all over the station in 10 minutes. One time an officer got so pissed the admins had to intervene on my behalf (I had take a sec uniform off a braindead player and was trying to use it to hide from sec.) I used to be able to steal shoes off people's feet and get beaten to death by a a barefoot mob. There used to be all kinds of other shit (forcefield artifacts, chainsawing the weed, bad puns, etc) I could do but now no one cares about anything but bees.

No one care because doing any of the stuff you mentioned will now get both sides banned in modern goon.

Hell, I'm terrified of actually killing people as a non-antag, even if they're an obvious, self admitted traitor, because I'm absolutely afraid of being banned over a screw up like that, even if realistically it wouldn't cause a banning.

But anyway, we're getting off topic. Where were we? Bees? Bee cults? Insects invading the station? Sounds neat.
Mageziya Wrote:No one care because doing any of the stuff you mentioned will now get both sides banned in modern goon.

Getting someone to murder you is one of the miscreant objectives
bee mode 2013
bzz
After a discussion with Torack I have found out about game modes such as cult (to my knowledge this was removed due to bad gameplay and dumb exploits?) which he says I am dangerously close to with my idea. The whole point of this topic was to get feedback from people on how to make it viable as a game mode that could actually work. I mean yeah its got a lot of culty aspects like 'converting the unbelievers' or whatever but honestly I was just using that terminology to try to sell the idea a bit better. and like I said earlier I didn't want this to be a pure antag 'buzz buzz shit lords the bees are here to kill you all' scenario but more of a vigilante or idk rogue-ish group? a group that has its own agenda and doesnt necessarily want to take over the station or kill innocent people as a main objective. anyway this was just a five minute back of the hand scrawling idea and I didn't really have high hopes anyway. thanks for your input.