Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emptying Backpacks
[22:41] (TheOnlyRyan) Clicking on the ground or even a right click option for any backpack to empty it on the ground.
<Somepotato> while we're at it dragging an inventory from hand to another inventory should transfer all items from hand to dropped
Reason I actually brought that idea up was for people like Mechanics, they sometimes make a lot of gear to sell in the market and need to transport it quickly.

Pulling sprites out of the bag onto the open ground to drop them would also be cool, how ever I don't have a problem with quickly pressing Q and that might be a little complicated to make.
I think this would be fun to be jerk ass Sec and dump out people's bags when conducting searches. Just like real life.
A good idea. Maybe click-dragging your backpack to a ground tile would empty it there?
This would probably also make disarming mousetrap pipebombs possible unless they activate after hitting the ground.
I wouldn't like it if you could empty mousetrap bombs out of them, emptying backpacks onto the ground would become the norm that way and would be kinda stupid.

Think wrenches (even though that makes little sense) should still be the only way.
atomic1fire Wrote:This would probably also make disarming mousetrap pipebombs possible unless they activate after hitting the ground.

Joe Shitcurity shakes Dr. Strangeloaf's backpack!

A pipe bomb assembly falls out!

The pipe bomb explodes!

(dead) Joe Shitcurity: "Welp"
This is now a thing. Let me know if it doesn't work.
While we're improving backpacks/storage, is it possible you could make it so that clicking on the tile of a container removes items, rather than having to click on the item itself?

That may have made no sense, so I'll elaborate with an example. Say I have a crowbar in my backpack. If I want to pick the crowbar up I have to click on the crowbar's sprite itself. It would be a lot more convenient to also be able to click on the storage square it's contained in (the grey box), the same way it works with the main HUD.
Mofleaker Wrote:While we're improving backpacks/storage, is it possible you could make it so that clicking on the tile of a container removes items, rather than having to click on the item itself?

That may have made no sense, so I'll elaborate with an example. Say I have a crowbar in my backpack. If I want to pick the crowbar up I have to click on the crowbar's sprite itself. It would be a lot more convenient to also be able to click on the storage square it's contained in (the grey box), the same way it works with the main HUD.
Or click dragging things to your hand/one item to another container/from one spot to another to swap them around.
Mofleaker Wrote:While we're improving backpacks/storage, is it possible you could make it so that clicking on the tile of a container removes items, rather than having to click on the item itself?

While it sounds easy + very convenient, this likely requires a rewrite. On the other hand, don't let it be said I'm awfully dismissive of the idea, I'll look into it.