Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pipe Rockets: Show that pod who's boss!
I been playing a lot of Rust in the past few days... And their rockets are VERY makeshaft. Kinda like cuts of pipe formed into shoulder held cannons that they just jam rockets into it. Like this

[Image: rocket_launcher.png]

Reloading to give you an idea (I couldn't figure out how to make to run and play on the post since it's in Gifv format)

http://i.imgur.com/a2cbZSn.gifv
Well, seeing as the playerbase in general likes the idea enough. I made concept sprites for the thing!

[Image: 5zr7Ahd.png]

If these are unsatisfactory, or if you would like to design your own for this, I would love to see them!
Silvercloud29 Wrote:I been playing a lot of Rust in the past few days... And their rockets are VERY makeshaft. Kinda like cuts of pipe formed into shoulder held cannons that they just jam rockets into it. Like this

[Image: rocket_launcher.png]

Reloading to give you an idea (I couldn't figure out how to make to run and play on the post since it's in Gifv format)

http://i.imgur.com/a2cbZSn.gifv

That is a Launcher, Not a rocket itself.

The idea is to make the rocket. After the hwatcha is released and the thing is balanced and such, THEN we can make launchers that have the bonuses being safer, if only for the fact that now a misfire results in just stunning the user and ruining the launcher.
A4Brogan Wrote:That is a Launcher, Not a rocket itself.

The idea is to make the rocket. After the hwatcha is released and the thing is balanced and such, THEN we can make launchers that have the bonuses being safer, if only for the fact that now a misfire results in just stunning the user and ruining the launcher.

What hwatcha
Whoops. Upon looking up the proper spelling of Hwacha, I mistakenly used the term for the LAUNCHER of the rockets I based my idea on.

The actual ancient rocket that was the beginning point was called the Singijeon, a type of explosive arrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singijeon
I have decided the concept rockets just wont work. THey are ugly, and far too large to be used in launchers, if we do impliment those after this first idea.

The design is gonna be retooled right now. keep an eye on this thread.
Welp, That was a quicky.

I decided to drop the goofy, spear like design while making it more like an airtank with a payload pipe stuck onto it. I think this is much better, but what do you guys think?

[Image: 1XhuOha.png]
Quote:<A4Brogan> Still trying to figure out how I am gonna sprite the rockets for that idea I posted.
<HeadSurgeon> space rockets
<A4Brogan> Yes, HeadSurgeon, space rockets.
<HeadSurgeon> these rockets
<Dabir> RIP malcolm in the middle I guess
<A4Brogan> ...Guys, I think I found the one idea HeadSurgeon LIKES.
<HeadSurgeon> yu know likes goon

Welp, HeadSurgeon is excited. Currently working on the in-world sprites for the rocket in flight.