Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pipe Rockets: Show that pod who's boss!
The idea is to make a multi-purpose rocket, that can be easily made into a nightmarish explosive, along with it using what even an assitant can get thier hands on.

What you need:
* Metal rods
* Hollow Pipe Frame
*Wire
*Igniter
* Gas tank (Any will do, any gas mixture as well!)
*Beaker with chems (Optional)

Let's Make this thing!

1. attach the rod and Pipe into place, and weld together to make it secure (DO THIS, FOR REASONS BELOW)
2. Mount the gas Canister to the rod, on the other end. Be sure its full; the more gas, the better!
3. Drop the igniter into the pipe. If you have a beaker of chems you want to use, drop that in after placing the igniter.
4. Attach wires to the release valve on the gas tank.
5. Wrench to secure the gas tank to the rod (DO THIS TO.)

There, you got a (hopefully) flight-worthy rocket!

DANGERS
Care must be taken when making these, as any skipped steps could lead to a dud, or a potentially dangerous pipebomb on a stick!

If you do not secure the pipe frame, for example, the rocket will go off, and the pipe frame will be flung off. It will probably activate the beaker inside, more than likely right on your feet!

If you do not wrench the gas tank in place, the tank could go rocketing off, potentially smacking and knocking out someone, while you are left with a worthless bangstick, although it may be good as a throwing impliment, or a suicide ambush attack...

Those aren't the only dangers: Remember, you are using the release pressure valve as a means of propulsion. Too little, and it will sputter a few tiles before slamming on the ground. Too much pressure released at once may result in the same, but the back end of the gas tank blowing off, hitting you in the face.

VARIANTS AND EXTRAS

*Like I said, any gas can be used. What would assist in an explosive rocket?
* Sec officers can craft long range "hall-clearers", using flash powder and a somewhat lower pressure release.
* Got a pod fucking with the Escape shuttle, and a window is missing? Launch a rocket at that bastard to fight back!
* Clowns can get on the fun, with a little help: Instead of a beaker, he can attach either a pie or a boxing glove on the end, perfect for long-range prankstering!

Poster's Notes

I would like to thank the #goonstation IRC and popecrunch for listening to this idea and being Idea Quality Assurance Agents. Thanks guys for your encouragement and just listening to this village idiot!
oh my god a rocket with a boxing glove on the end would be amazing

guys if you put this in i promise i'll shut up about remote signalers and clown horns for a while
When you say canister do you mean the big bulky ones or the handheld ones?
Noah Buttes Wrote:When you say canister do you mean the big bulky ones or the handheld ones?

Little portable ones. Although, now that I think about it, canister missle is quite possible...
The big ones should just explode immediately with a message of 'Wow that worked well. Way to overdo it, chumpo.'
popecrunch Wrote:The big ones should just explode immediately with a message of 'Wow that worked well. Way to overdo it, chumpo.'
I don't know. I'd love to see a giant plasma canister fly down a hallway, pushing an assistant with it until it smashes into a wall and exploding.
Zadeon Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:The big ones should just explode immediately with a message of 'Wow that worked well. Way to overdo it, chumpo.'
I don't know. I'd love to see a giant plasma canister fly down a hallway, pushing an assistant with it until it smashes into a wall and exploding.

I would too, but it would require balancing, either with a high degrade of premature detonation, or very very difficult to build.
Make large canister pipe rockets have a chance of either exploding on the spot, flying off like a rocket, or snagging your jumpsuit and bringing you along for an explosive rocket ride.
WrongEnd Wrote:Make large canister pipe rockets have a chance of either exploding on the spot, flying off like a rocket, or snagging your jumpsuit and bringing you along for an explosive rocket ride.

This. Is. Perfect. When I get around to formulating the design process for large ones (Bear in mind, I am testing the waters for this idea before I bother spriting it, by judging the reactions to it), that is going to be in, along with a chance of it just acting like a fancy ass time bomb.
How about some kind of large pod weapon system that can convert large canisters into single use missiles?
I like this. This is good.

It'd be nice if the rocket also left a gas stream behind it of whatever was used. Flamethrowers don't do this but it'd be nice if this did.
WrongEnd Wrote:Make large canister pipe rockets have a chance of either exploding on the spot, flying off like a rocket, or snagging your jumpsuit and bringing you along for an explosive rocket ride.

There's an idea. Make the canister RIDEABLE, but extremely volatile. Any collision has a chance to blow up the canister causing minor floor/wall damage and gravely injuring the rider and harming anyone caught in the blast like a pipebomb. Basically an explosive Segway with all of the fun that entails.
BruiseCruise Wrote:

There's an idea. Make the canister RIDEABLE, but extremely volatile. Any collision has a chance to blow up the canister causing minor floor/wall damage and gravely injuring the rider and harming anyone caught in the blast like a pipebomb. Basically an explosive Segway with all of the fun that entails.

Like It, Love it, Add it along!
BruiseCruise Wrote:

[Image: 4IckRnD.jpg]

is all i've ever wanted in this game
Let us use the nuke with this thing!