Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light a big pile of weed on fire; Create THC smoke
Because why not use those big piles of weed that botany make to get the entire bar high?
I think you can do this in a roundabout way already.

Make a bunch of joints, dip them in a drinking glass and mix with stablized smoke powder in a beaker.

From there build a beaker bomb (Radio detonater + igniter + beaker) and push send signal or spam until the beaker heats the smoke powder up into smoke.

Proceed to get a group to chase after you because the Toked terrorist has struck again.
I wanna hotbox the shuttle
atomic1fire Wrote:I think you can do this in a roundabout way already.

Yea, but it would be nice to just light the pile up and go Woodstock on the entire Escape Wing. I was actually kinda confused the last time I tried this and it didn't work. Would certainly make it easier to deal with those fuckhuge crates of weed Botany always hauls to the shuttle.
Would be pretty hilarious when the vice officer tries to burn down drug crops and accidentally get everyone high.

Make a bunch of joints, dip them in a drinking glass and mix with stablized smoke powder in a beaker.

From there build a beaker bomb (Radio detonater + igniter + beaker) and push send signal or spam until the beaker heats the smoke powder up into smoke.

Proceed to get a group to chase after you because the Toked terrorist has struck again.

Complicated, unintuitive, and definitely roundabout.

Why not let all herbs release their reagents in some amount when burned? Hide some curate contuisine beneath those roaring piles of burning weed. get in not go out
APARTHEID Wrote:

Complicated, unintuitive, and definitely roundabout.

Why not let all herbs release their reagents in some amount when burned? Hide some curate contuisine beneath those roaring piles of burning weed. get in not go out
Plus money and banana peels. I still don't get why there isn't bananadine. It would make you hallucinate banana, monkey and clown themed stuff.
I think this actually used to be a thing but was removed because it caused stupid amounts of lag or something.
Berrik Wrote:I think this actually used to be a thing but was removed because it caused stupid amounts of lag or something.

Lighting a pile of ten marijuana leaves up: Funny, and not terribly lag-inducing.

Lighting a pile of 1000+ marijuana leaves up, creating an ungodly lag-inducing hellsmoke that jutters the entire game to a crawl: Hahahahahahahahahahaha-- no I don't think this change is a good idea either, let's not do this. I wish it didn't lag to create a ton of smoke effects, but sadly BYOND can't even handle a matchoe mann turning someone into a cloud of blood without graphical errors and framerate drops.
I can light 12 lockers worth of clothes, paper, etc. on fire and it definitely does not lag the server. shrug

There's really no point speculating whether it will cause insane lag when none of us are coders.
Let us blow smoke in peoples faces when we are smoking
Houka Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:I think this actually used to be a thing but was removed because it caused stupid amounts of lag or something.

Lighting a pile of ten marijuana leaves up: Funny, and not terribly lag-inducing.

Lighting a pile of 1000+ marijuana leaves up, creating an ungodly lag-inducing hellsmoke that jutters the entire game to a crawl: Hahahahahahahahahahaha-- no I don't think this change is a good idea either, let's not do this. I wish it didn't lag to create a ton of smoke effects, but sadly BYOND can't even handle a matchoe mann turning someone into a cloud of blood without graphical errors and framerate drops.
It was actually removed because every item that burned made smoke of any chemicals it had in itself, so when someone burned cheese it created cheese smoke, which created cheese which caught fire and created more smoke etc. Of course I don't know if this is the reason it got removed but it seems likely.
Walrus Wrote:I can light 12 lockers worth of clothes, paper, etc. on fire and it definitely does not lag the server. shrug

There's really no point speculating whether it will cause insane lag when none of us are coders.

Actually it's a fair assumption. X reagent smoke seems to carry a fair bit of lag, such as the macho man blood smoke as mentioned, or what-have-you.

If that's the case, then burning a large pile of burning hash would make botanists hated more than geneticists.

But there's a logical way to approach this. You could have it has a chance thing. So like, a burnt leaf would have 10-15% (lower or higher, depending) of releasing a THC cloud. The remaining 90% would just release plain old smoke. This would cut down on the lag effect of it completely and it would require the botanist to get a large pile of the mary jane to actually see it any use.

This would mean that hiding other plant matter and burning it (such as curare laden plants) would yield no nasty effects. HOWEVER there's nothing stopping a smart botanist splicing weed or whatever he chooses to burn with something deadly and burning it.