Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Frankenscience is Needed.
[Image: joxdGwm.png] [Image: prjG2e1.png] [Image: aKWK4Ow.png] [Image: bEsRDrH.png]
With the recent decapitation update and the ability to control more critters, It got me thinking.
Wouldn't it be great if you could pick and mix different limbs (maybe even organs?) from different Animals and critters to create horrific hybrids?
I think this would be fun.
Great idea, however good luck finding a coder willing to work this. This is deep into gun-in-mouth territory.

I absolutely love the concept art, though.
salix_catus Wrote:[Image: bEsRDrH.png]

oh fuck no!
Yeah, let us put a normal head on a borg preparation.
Marquesas Wrote:Great idea, however good luck finding a coder willing to work this. This is deep into gun-in-mouth territory.

I've started to notice that most goon coders associate difficult coding with suicide. It's a strange thing.

Also, I know nothing of coding, but wouldn't this be giving attached limbs different sprites? It has been done for the wendigo arms, chainsaws, borg parts, and bear arms already. Were those also suicidally difficult?
DyssalC Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:Great idea, however good luck finding a coder willing to work this. This is deep into gun-in-mouth territory.

I've started to notice that most goon coders associate difficult coding with suicide. It's a strange thing.

Also, I know nothing of coding, but wouldn't this be giving attached limbs different sprites? It has been done for the wendigo arms, chainsaws, borg parts, and bear arms already. Were those also suicidally difficult?
Even if you did know something of coding, It'd be hard to say without knowledge of how gooncode in particular deals with doctoring/limbs/etc.
With the updates that allowed wendigos, spores and more to be player controlled, plus decapitation and monkey AI It seemed more likely possible.
I'm guessing that doctoring, player controlled creatures and AI creatures are seperate systems that interact with each other.
So Why not standardize the whole system?
Make all living things (apart from small critters) essentially the same class of thing with limb slots and brain slots (different brains containing different AIs!) and hearts and what not.
for example you could have dwarf human legs with a wendigo heart, a synthbrain(plant AI), a monkey head and robot arms.
With all of this you could create a whole new branch of medical science.
all the elements are already in the game, they just needed unifying into a proper system.
salix_catus Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:

Even if you did know something of coding, It'd be hard to say without knowledge of how gooncode in particular deals with doctoring/limbs/etc.
With the updates that allowed wendigos, spores and more to be player controlled, plus decapitation and monkey AI It seemed more likely possible.
I'm guessing that doctoring, player controlled creatures and AI creatures are seperate systems that interact with each other.
So Why not standardize the whole system?
Make all living things (apart from small critters) essentially the same class of thing with limb slots and brain slots (different brains containing different AIs!) and hearts and what not.
for example you could have dwarf human legs with a wendigo heart, a synthbrain(plant AI), a monkey head and robot arms.
With all of this you could create a whole new branch of medical science.
all the elements are already in the game, they just needed unifying into a proper system.
Now that's where I start to see shit being nuts, turning all humanoid mobs into monkey equivalents. That'd be super interesting, because essentially you could just make somebody a wendigo, but I also see it being considerably harder.
To me, as someone who has no knowledge of coding, that sounds like where it truly turns to being a gun-in-the-mouth thing. Standardizing the entire system means redoing/replacing almost all of the system that's already in place, heck, that's why a lot of real-life stuff doesn't get standardized.
Mageziya Wrote:To me, as someone who has no knowledge of coding, that sounds like where it truly turns to being a gun-in-the-mouth thing. Standardizing the entire system means redoing/replacing almost all of the system that's already in place, heck, that's why a lot of real-life stuff doesn't get standardized.
The benefits though... maybe something to consider more long term? the options and possibilities it'd open...
Maybe it could start with brains. seems like a good place to start.
Human player brain = Keep the same
Monkey brain = assigns monkey AI to whatever it is put into
Human NPC brains = assigns Shittybill etc. AI to whatever it is put into
Synthbrain = assigns plant AI to whatever it is but into.
Wendigo brain = Assigns wendigo AI into whatever it is put into.
APARTHEID Wrote:
salix_catus Wrote:[Image: bEsRDrH.png]

oh fuck no!

that will teach people not to run around with help intent off

Quote:I've started to notice that most goon coders associate difficult coding with suicide. It's a strange thing.

from personal experience, coding does that to people. If you're unlucky the coder starts doing things like sperging, scapegoating and heaping their misery on everyone else, so things could be much worse wink
A change like this would require an almost complete rewrite of a significant amount of core functionality. With all the fun, regressions and associated horrors that come with that prospect.
Spy_Guy Wrote:A change like this would require an almost complete rewrite of a significant amount of core functionality. With all the fun, regressions and associated horrors that come with that prospect.
I'm guessing that material science was a similar situation albeit less complex. Could possibly a new system be created whilst keeping the old one? I'm also guessing that's what has happened with material science too. like how the station walls and floors all seem to have no material values until taken apart or built as new ones.(Is that why they all are a darker color?)
Spy_Guy Wrote:A change like this would require an almost complete rewrite of a significant amount of core functionality. With all the fun, regressions and associated horrors that come with that prospect.

Can't you just cram new shit into whatever system you used to make monkeys be more like humans?