Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
client crashing whenever you go unconscious
vampirate Wrote:That was just an example. The exact type of issue may be entirely different. I'd look at features present or disabled, slot types, and so on. Have people post their system specs and go from there looking for common themes.

I still think it has nothing to do with hardware or specs. Seeing how none of us had this issue till a couple months ago.
Having recently acquired a new and much better computer, I can safely say that this IS a problem with our computers, and whatever is causing this is some sort of horrific poorly-optimized hell code that's locking up lesser computers when the overlay pops up. It doesn't freeze my client at all anymore.
Houka Wrote:Having recently acquired a new and much better computer, I can safely say that this IS a problem with our computers, and whatever is causing this is some sort of horrific poorly-optimized hell code that's locking up lesser computers when the overlay pops up. It doesn't freeze my client at all anymore.

I'm still not convinced cause early today I played on my friend's three month old laptop and did not have the issue. It was a sub-par laptop as well. I doubt anything thing they add to the servers would force some players to upgrade their PCs that is absurd
Ed Venture Wrote:
Houka Wrote:Having recently acquired a new and much better computer, I can safely say that this IS a problem with our computers, and whatever is causing this is some sort of horrific poorly-optimized hell code that's locking up lesser computers when the overlay pops up. It doesn't freeze my client at all anymore.

I'm still not convinced cause early today I played on my friend's three month old laptop and it DID have the issue. It was a sub-par laptop as well. I doubt anything thing they add to the servers would force some players to upgrade their PCs that is absurd

Sorry for the mistake
Wait. The first one was correct. I am so sorry for the confusion I must be causing right now I am extremely tired.

Quote:I'm still not convinced cause early today I played on my friend's three month old laptop and did not have the issue. It was a sub-par laptop as well. I doubt anything thing they add to the servers would force some players to upgrade their PCs that is absurd

There I quoted the first post which was the right one. Sorry again from getting words mixed up.
If this is a hardware issue then it doesn't make sense, seeing as how I had the issue while operating under ideal conditions, then migrated to a different wifi and, under the same conditions with the same computer, no longer had the issue.
Could it possibly be a problem with internet speeds then? I don't know much about the code but if the game blacks you out then a moment later it comes through serverside it may be doubling down? It's a quick process, just a thought. Might just be a lag issue between clientside and serverside.
vampirate Wrote:Could it possibly be a problem with internet speeds then? I don't know much about the code but if the game blacks you out then a moment later it comes through serverside it may be doubling down? It's a quick process, just a thought. Might just be a lag issue between clientside and serverside.

Wire said it has something to do with overlays and because for each player it effects different Overlays it's almost impossible to track down what the cause is. (It was something like that) Also I've had the same internet since I started playing five years ago and only started having this issue in late March.
Well whatever they're doing seems to be working, as smoke grenades now no longer use the overlay, and getting hit in the face with a pie only slightly freezes my game up, and the shuttle moving only slightly freezes it up too.
Getting knocked unconscious is still a culprit though.
Since this is on page two I am bumping this since I feel this is the biggest issue for game at the moment
Every time I go into crit, my game will lag very badly.
So I can't try anything to save my life, because of the lag. frown
Currently happening here on 507.128 only happens the first time the overlay is added.
Weird homebrew fix for this bug: Toggle mentorhelps off and on. Did it randomly and it ceased all lockups/crashes/disconnects. Smoothest round I've had in weeks.
Grifflez Wrote:Weird homebrew fix for this bug: Toggle mentorhelps off and on. Did it randomly and it ceased all lockups/crashes/disconnects. Smoothest round I've had in weeks.

Just tested this out. It still locked up but only for a split second not the usually ten seconds/crash