Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
client crashing whenever you go unconscious
this has been happening for the last hour or so. whenever I get knocked out for any reason my client crashes
I've had this for ages
For me it just freezes...
I have attempted to reproduce this multiple times to no avail so you probably need to give more information (byond version, round type, other game occurrences leading to the unconsciousness, OS and so on).
Wire Wrote:I have attempted to reproduce this multiple times to no avail so you probably need to give more information (byond version, round type, other game occurrences leading to the unconsciousness, OS and so on).

I'm not sure if it's an actual issue that can be pinned down to a single occurrence. I've found playing on a fairly crappy old computer that a few things would normally trigger a crash: replying to admin PMs, and selecting text in the chat box. I no longer have these issues, and haven't for a while, but they are a place to start I guess. One thing for a cause I've had on the back of my mind would be when you max out physical memory usage it causes it to freeze and crash, but I've never really be able to test it properly. Any crash I have had recently has been completely random, I haven't been unconscious, using the message system, or selecting stuff in chat.

One issue that I've been experiencing a lot more lately is the game display freezing, but the chat still works. Not quite a crashing client but still an annoying issue as you have to re-join to fix it.
If there's one thing crashier than falling unconscious it's fucking riot launcher smoke grenades. That shit causes a straight up, no questions asked 5 seconds lockup.
Marquesas Wrote:If there's one thing crashier than falling unconscious it's fucking riot launcher smoke grenades. That shit causes a straight up, no questions asked 5 seconds lockup.

Can confirm that this shit makes my teeth grit whenever someone busts into security and lets one off for the shits. These things are the anti-thesis to fun.
Sundance Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:If there's one thing crashier than falling unconscious it's fucking riot launcher smoke grenades. That shit causes a straight up, no questions asked 5 seconds lockup.

Can confirm that this shit makes my teeth grit whenever someone busts into security and lets one off for the shits. These things are the anti-thesis to fun.
This isn't a "riot launchers suck" thread but I will say that riot launchers are almost exclusively used for this exact purpose and never for any actual legitimate reason. Makes me wonder why the things even exist.
joined as sec and tased myself until I passed out. client lock up.

I'm one version behind the latest version, but this has been affecting me for around a month now
Mine does not crash but it does lock up when I get knocked out longest was five to ten seconds tops.

Also Riot Launchers are fucking shit, I've never seen them used in a legit way.
I don't think this has ever crashed my client, but there has always been some degree of lag upon being knocked out.
This is still a thing and it's really awful. The lockup often means that if you're downed because of a bomb or atmos or something, you're just permanently locked up until you die, rather than being able to escape.
Whenever an overlay like this happens (losing an eye from eating your own eye, getting tased until blacking out, whatever) it locks up the game for several seconds for me as well, and this was not always the case. This is fairly recent.
I've never had issues like this.

We need some computer specs and byond version. Also what sort of bandwidth do you have available to play with?

Does the lockup happen after the overlay is in place on your screen or before?
Byond version: 506.1247
Computer specs: Run of the mill budget laptop:Windows 8.1, Intel core I3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 Ghz, 4.00 gb ram, 64bit operating system
Internet speed: 5mb DL speed, like 0.5-0.6 UL speed on a good day. Works just fine though seen as i'm working off the European server.

I get this lock-up literally everytime some sort of overlay happens.
-Riot smoke
-Being knocked unconscious
-Tripping balls (but this doesn't seem too bad a lock-up, v. minimal)
-Eating anima
-Being half blinded.