Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All of them during LLJK 4's 5-12-2015 3:00PM EST (SpyGuy)
This is less a specific complaint, and more of a complaint about a certain feature. Specifically, the 2015 April Fool's Motive system.

It was funny for approximately the first 10 minutes of its launch. Then it became a shitty, annoying and flow-breaking "Feature" that I am pretty sure only a few folks actually enjoy. This would be tolerable on its own.

However, when the admins (Wonkmin, Gannets, SpyGuy, Hufflaw, Marquesas, and Convair880) decide to drop it on the players, enable respawn AND CRANK THE DROP RATES TO A LEVEL THAT JUST INSTANTLY DISABLES AND KILLS YOU is just being a giant floppy dick.

Please, at least use it by itself. I am fine with it used sparingly, but it's a pain in the ass, and fucking with it just makes me resentful.
Jesus, you would've exploded in the three years ago era.

That's sort of all I have to add. I found the button labelled 'Doom' and decided to activate it for the last 60 seconds of the round.
Your opinion on the motive system is appreciated, but at least half of the admins on that list (myself included) had little or nothing to do with it.
Not to mention the two newmins whose literally only ability to ruin your day is to slap you a ban.
Hi, I was the fellow experimenting with the motive system.

Before the round started I gave warning that I was doing an experiment with the system, I can't recall if you were there or not. Either way, I was attempting to find a sweet spot where the system merges into gameplay in a good way, as opposed to the normal mode of "kill everyone in a puddle of piss".

After having the system enabled the entire round, albeit at a low drain rate I decided to test it when set to the opposite end of the spectrum and enabled respawn so those who were killed by it could rejoin the round. Think of this in terms of a survival challenge (or mythbusters mode).
When I noticed the system was in "no-fun" mode as opposed to "challenge" mode I turned it down to the more reasonable level of double the standard drain rates, still keeping respawn on.

I don't really see why this is a complaint, because everyone was warned in advance that the round would be used for experimentation, and you were not personally target of any undue grief.

EDIT: To be fair, you couldn't have known who was pushing the buttons so listing every admin you saw was reasonable, but I'll edit the title to reflect the one doing most of the fuckery.
Spy_Guy Wrote:Hi, I was the fellow experimenting with the motive system.

Before the round started I gave warning that I was doing an experiment with the system, I can't recall if you were there or not. Either way, I was attempting to find a sweet spot where the system merges into gameplay in a good way, as opposed to the normal mode of "kill everyone in a puddle of piss".

After having the system enabled the entire round, albeit at a low drain rate I decided to test it when set to the opposite end of the spectrum and enabled respawn so those who were killed by it could rejoin the round. Think of this in terms of a survival challenge (or mythbusters mode).
When I noticed the system was in "no-fun" mode as opposed to "challenge" mode I turned it down to the more reasonable level of double the standard drain rates, still keeping respawn on.

I don't really see why this is a complaint, because everyone was warned in advance that the round would be used for experimentation, and you were not personally target of any undue grief.

EDIT: To be fair, you couldn't have known who was pushing the buttons so listing every admin you saw was reasonable, but I'll edit the title to reflect the one doing most of the fuckery.

Unfortunately, I was semi-late-joiner. If you warn the folks, that is not only acceptable, but I encourage it!

Next time, please leave a little note on the titlescreen. particularly of a clown with 2 beakers full of volitile liquids yelling SCIENCE!
A4Brogan Wrote:Next time, please leave a little note on the titlescreen.

Honestly, how is a note on the title screen going to help when you can literally join the game and immediately discern for yourself that you don't want to play in a round of motives.