Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology And Suppresants
1. When I introduce what I think is a pathogen's suppressant via dropper onto a microscope containing a petri dish of the pathogen, viewing the microscope gives me an extra observation line that says "You can observe in the Petri Dish:" but is followed by nothing else.

2. It appears that some pathogens are suppressed by sugar, given that the zoomed in description says it's suppressed by foodstuffs and it never grows in petri dishes, which includes sugar as a nutrient for most microbody types.
Embolism Wrote:1. When I introduce what I think is a pathogen's suppressant via dropper onto a microscope containing a petri dish of the pathogen, viewing the microscope gives me an extra observation line that says "You can observe in the Petri Dish:" but is followed by nothing else.

2. It appears that some pathogens are suppressed by sugar, given that the zoomed in description says it's suppressed by foodstuffs and it never grows in petri dishes, which includes sugar as a nutrient for most microbody types.

1. Not a bug, just not the suppressant.

2. Still not the suppressant and sometimes the things don't grow for questionable reasons (probably a bug).
Re: Pathogens not growing.

I haven't been on in a while but are you certain that you added the pathogen first and followed it up with the growth medium? It will not work (at least in my experience) if you add growth medium first and pathogen after.
The "not growing" bug is not the problem, I know you must add the pathogen before the medium and when it suffers from the "bug" that's a problem with the petri dish, change dishes and it works fine. The thing I'm speaking of only applies to pathogens suppressed by "foodstuffs" and it doesn't resolve if you change dishes, I've seen it across multiple rounds so I'm pretty sure it's the sugar doing it.
Huh. Whatever it is must have just cropped up in the last few months then. I can confirm that this wasn't a thing a few months ago when I was busy science-ing pathology.