Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites
Words cannot express how much I want this to be a thing holy shit
A poorly drawn spacebear heart for Cirral:
[Image: IseCnLu.gif]

Attached Files
.dmi   spacebearHeart.dmi (Size: 393 bytes / Downloads: 362)
Thanks! Here's hoping I work up to my end of the bargain swiftly
(01-07-2017, 04:24 PM)Mageziya Wrote: A poorly drawn spacebear heart for Cirral:

Looks like a paper heart cut-out flapping in the wind. (Probably because only one side is moving)
(01-09-2017, 06:59 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 04:24 PM)Mageziya Wrote: A poorly drawn spacebear heart for Cirral:

Looks like a paper heart cut-out flapping in the wind. (Probably because only one side is moving)

I partly realized it after it was too late to adjust. I'll just claim that it's part of the shitty aesthetic.
(01-09-2017, 07:35 AM)Mageziya Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 06:59 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:

I partly realized it after it was too late to adjust. I'll just claim that it's part of the shitty aesthetic.

FEATURE! Haha. It fits though. The spacebear is already silly looking so it works.
Here's an irrelevant robot doodle:
[Image: 85f553c5ef0beb7a8b264e79e1ce93b9.png]
(01-09-2017, 02:35 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Here's an irrelevant robot doodle:
[Image: 85f553c5ef0beb7a8b264e79e1ce93b9.png]

This makes me think "Expensive Sports Car" chassis for a cyborg.
Well, what started started as a doodle got very out of hand.

Behold, what I dub the cosmic terror:
[Image: a0da9e63b632f3ac256d521364f74885.png]

Front:
[Image: PzufBhg.gif]
Back:
[Image: AzrHKG3.gif]
East:
[Image: lccM7gl.gif]
West:
[Image: dEHNfGg.gif]

I realized that I had been spriting a lot of fantasy things for game about space stations, so I decided to sprite something that was a little more scifi; and by scifi, I mean syfy. It's supposed to be an otherworldly horror, an eldritch god that some ruin deep in space are dedicated to. Or maybe it's a servant of an eldritch god, or a bizzarrely altered form of an alien race, or maybe just a plain old machine that runs on magicks™. Throw in the floaty effect that is applied to objects that the wraith possesses, and it could look extra cool and floaty.

In terms of actual use in the game, it could be just shoved off deep in some telesci area, meant to scare the bejebus out of the poor first-explorers before it just becomes another toy for turbo-nerds and admins to mess with. Maybe it could be incorporated into the wraith somehow, like as a mega wraith, since it seems pretty ghostly, though the color scheme would probably have to change for that. Maybe someone could retroactively design an antagonist around this. The options are limitless at the moment, at least, depending on coders.

DMI should be attached.

Attached Files
.dmi   cosmicTerror.dmi (Size: 1.74 KB / Downloads: 315)
Oh hello, yes, this sprite would work pretty damn well for an idea I haven't yet divulged to the forums but I have rambled about on IRC (critter over mind). Yesss.
Alright, so a death animation for the wraith was one of the earliest sprites that I made in this thread, and I was never too happy with it, so here's a redux of the wraith death animation:

[Image: dQqrxGF.gif]

And the "reel" for anyone who is curious"
[Image: 9418e1d2a628c2887b4bf2ce59e1ef61.png]

DMI should be attached, and I think it should be a relatively simple thing to patch in, I just don't know how to do it.

Edit: Noticed some abberant pixels that weren't transparent and file somehow corrupted when I went to fix them. Wonderful! Good news is I have the original so it should be quickly corrected.

Edit2: and everything should be fixed.

Attached Files
.dmi   wraithDie.dmi (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 306)
good wraith death anim.i always wonder when those suckers vanish, whether i hit it enough to kill it or if it just went invis again
Like I said on IRC, this looks great but needs to be slowed down to like, half speed. It's way too fast
Well, here's the animation at half speed:
[Image: CX7ISBC.gif]

I shouldn't need to modify the download, as slowing down the animation is very simple, if desired. With the DMI open in dreammaker, click on the sprite set, and then click the numbers above each of the frames. In the initial animation, they're all set to one, (Which is one-tenth of a second), while in this animation they're all set to two. Click "set all existing delays to this value" if you want to speed up the process.

Edit: Holy crap byond accepts frame timing in decimal, here's the wraith animation with each frame set to 1.5 tenths of a second:
[Image: empgZr5.gif]
(01-20-2017, 07:10 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Alright, so a death animation for the wraith was one of the earliest sprites that I made in this thread, and I was never too happy with it, so here's a redux of the wraith death animation:

letting you know i put this in!